Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Sleep Analyser records your movement during your sleep. It is able to visualise it on a graph to show how much you move during your sleep. This can help to indicate how you sleep. It also has an alarm function. You can set the alarm and a time window (ex. 30 minutes). The Alarm will then go off sometimes during the time window (as soon as you move more), but latest at the set alarm. Old records can be visualised and you can load records from your friends. SleepAnalyser also has a test function. It will record and visualise much faster. Also it will make a beep when ever your movement goes over the trigger level.

For more information and screen shots, please have a look on http://www.ruinelli.ch/Sleepanalyser

SLEEPANALYSER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
There is a new version in Extras-Testing.
Please test it and vote for it: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...alyser/2.1-21/
I am sure people using only Extras repo would really appreciate that!

For more infos, see end of this thread.

-------------8<------------------------------------------------
OLD THREAD
Hi all

I just uploaded the first working release of my new application SleepAnalyser into Extras-Devel.
Similar to the iPhones SleepCycle, it records your movement during your sleep. For now it visualises it and shows you how much you at which time move.
Later on my goal is to interprete it and set flexible alarms,. For that I will need your help: Can you test the application and send me the records of your movement? As more data we have available as easier it should get to interpret the data. (Note: it includes the last few digits of your IMEI into the log file. This way I can differ between different people.)
If you would like to help, you are more than welcome. The application is written in Python and PyMaemo (Qt).
The source code is available on the project website: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/sleepanalyser/

Last edited by caco3; 2011-03-06 at 17:28. Reason: Added link to voting

The Following 76 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
wow, great, I'm really interested.

But how is this working:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
it records your movement during your sleep.
?

I will be proud to test. but after "successful" installation is not in menu nor executable from shell.
after upgrading the package everything is ok. I will give it a try and send you the out.

Last edited by erniadeldesktop; 2010-06-29 at 20:11. Reason: solved after upgrading

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by xdanx View Post
But how is this working:
Accelerometers I'd guess. But I haven't actually looked/etc.

To the OP: Great! Nice to see another developer face

Please explain where we are supposed to put the phone?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spinnerdcc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Have a nightshift to do but in about 10h i'll start a test. Hope to have the missing answer for a good spot for the phone till then.

So we're supposed to have the phone in a pocket or somehow strapped to ourselves while we sleep?
Sorry, but no thanks. Not only would it be uncomfortable, but i like my device too much to risk climbing over it in my sleep

The application suggests by your pillow, on the mattress.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
That's a really nice programm. I will try it in the next few days and send you the log files afterwards.

Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Hi all

I just uploaded the first working release of my new application SleepAnalyser into Extras-Devel.
Similar to the iPhones SleepCycle, it records your movement during your sleep. For now it visualises it and shows you how much you at which time move.
Later on my goal is to interprete it and set flexible alarms,. For that I will need your help: Can you test the application and send me the records of your movement? As more data we have available as easier it should get to interpret the data. (Note: it includes the last few digits of your IMEI into the log file. This way I can differ between different people.)
If you would like to help, you are more than welcome. The application is written in Python and PyMaemo (Qt).
The source code is available on the project website: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/sleepanalyser/
I think I will try this too. Will it record my snoring? It might destroy the mic....