Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
BS. Another meaningless number that is supposed to impress Joe Sixpack and his grandmother.
1080p on 5" is overkill. Especially when 90% of 15" laptops still has 720p. It should be the other way arround.
Exactly. Everyone familliar with basics of optic, will know, that even N900's screen, put as close to eyes as possible to keep focus and borders into angle of view, result in panoramic picture with indistinguishable pixels.

To visualize it, lets imagine room with walls, ceilling, and floor absorbing 100% light, and 2 screens - one being 40'' 1080p, far away from viewer, and another one being N900 screen, close to eyes - both with same aspect ratio, colors, quality, etc. Viewer, without any other objets, helping to measure distance (floor, walls), and without moving head (to measure by angles) wouldn't be able to tell, which screen is close and small, or which one is big and far away.

Putting more pixels on square inch is just useless. Sure, at least 1024 width helps during browsing, but it's rather due to stupid designs of nowadays websites...

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
i want amoled, and they can't even do 720p amoled in 5" yet without it being pentile. And while I prefer an 720p pentile than a WVGA stripe, a 720p stripe would be awesome.

Assuming fixed screen size my preference

WVGA AMOLED RGB < 720p IPS LCD < 720p Pentile AMOLED < 1080p IPS LCD < 720p RGB AMOLED < 1080p RGB AMOLED

Red don't exist yet
The NOTE 2's screen is RGB.
While the layout/orientation is different the sub-pixel ratios are the same. Its definitely NOT pentile, and almost an RGB. Just call it RGB.

1080 SAMOLED RGB (NOTE 4) > 720 SAMOLED RGB (NOTE 2) > 1080 SAMOLED PENTILE (NOTE 3 ?) > 720 SAMOLED PENTILE (NOTE 1) > qHD SAMOLED RGB (unmanufactored) > WVGA SAMOLED RGB (SGS2) > qHD SAMOLED PENTILE (Droid RAZR) > WVGA SAMOLED PENTILE (SGS) > WVGA AMOLED PENTILE (Nexus One)

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
i would prefer SH-06D NERV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
This phone is quite old, however worth mentioning as Rebuild 3 comes out tomorrow.

/me ducks away from the internet until I buy the BD and watch it

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
There is a rumour that samsung will present full-hd Super Amoled HD screens in January 2013.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Another review.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/16/h...id-dna-review/

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
There is a rumour that samsung will present full-hd Super Amoled HD screens in January 2013.
At CES
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...y-S-IV_id36703

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-18 at 20:54.