Active Topics

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I deconstructed the document and pulled out all important parts:
here is the article

There's only one confirmed hardware change, and it is a welcome change!

Hm...what is the maximum size of a MiniSD? 2 gig, right?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Where did you read about miniSD? one of the reports contain

FCC Part 15B Compliance Test Report

"Tested devices/accessories: Nokia Internet Tablet; RX-34 (HW: 1101), Battery; BP-5L, AC-Charger; AC-4E, Headset; HS-48, Multi Media Card; MU-17, Data Cable; DKE-2"

Er...in the article originally linked to, right at the bottom. I skipped the tech talk and just scrolled down to the author's conclusion.

Last edited by Drewvt; 2006-10-29 at 08:40.

oh, nevermind, I see - MU-17, serial number SDSDM-128, really looks like 128MB miniSD

"Please note that while the manual states that the device can use WLAN or Bluetooth, there does not appear to be anything stating that they cannot be run simultaneously."

"This issue has been explained in Co-Existance chapter of Operation Description. Simultaneous transmission is not possible."

(from http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/fo...ive_or_pdf=pdf)

Is that different to the 770?

Originally Posted by NigelMSB
Is that different to the 770?
No, probably not. There is single antenna for both bt and wlan. While both devices can be enabled and work together only one transmits at the same time. The switching is so fast it doesn't cause big problems. Well it fact there were problems in bugzilla related to this https://maemo.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=326 but it is better now.

Think of it like this - there is only one CPU in computer so simultaneous running of two programs is not possible :-)

BTW the device was submitted to FCC in September with firmware release wk36-17. Anyone knows what is usual time from FCC certification to device release for similar devices? Maybe we can have this device before christmas after all?

Last edited by fanoush; 2006-10-29 at 11:35.

We don't need data on both, but headset profile via Bluetooth would certainly make VOIP much more likely to be used...

Such a shame! I thought Nokia still produced in Europe. The current Nokia 770 is made in Estonia and Germany, but accordig to this picture this one will be made in Korea. I just hope that the software is still developed in Europe. Maybe they outsourced that also to a Korean company.

Unfortunately, that's globalization for you.

(Not that there is anything wrong with Korean products, per se. Not at all. But I still don't see why East Asia should be the only place in the world that still has a *gasp* manufacturing sector...just because corporations can make a bigger buck that way.)