Notices

Wechat is very popular in China...
Here is the website: http://weixin.qq.com/ (the website is only in Chinese)...
I have it on my N8 in English...
WeChat/Weixin is a combination of Twitter/FB and Watsapp all in one...

Edit: found the website in English too: http://www.wechatapp.com/en/

Last edited by kikujiro0208; 2012-11-21 at 09:32.

Originally Posted by kikujiro0208 View Post
Wechat is very popular in China...
Here is the website: http://weixin.qq.com/ (the website is only in Chinese)...
I have it on my N8 in English...
WeChat/Weixin is a combination of Twitter/FB and Watsapp all in one...

Edit: found the website in English too: http://www.wechatapp.com/en/
thing is they dont support MeeGo just yet, so those websites are meaningless for us I have not tried using before, how it works? I was always being asked to add my friend's wechat vut I can't

we need more chatting apps.. Such as LINE too..

Originally Posted by henry91 View Post
thing is they dont support MeeGo just yet, so those websites are meaningless for us I have not tried using before, how it works? I was always being asked to add my friend's wechat vut I can't
On the China Dospy forum, WeChat promised support for the N9, but that was more than half year ago, so I believe they are no longer interested in this platform...

Interesting features on Wechat:
* Videocall
* Moments: like Twitter where you can share pics too, like FB you can create your own page
* Voice chat: more convenient than typing an SMS...
* Group chat:
* Look around/shake/drift bottle: finding people with WeChat nearby so you can send them greetings
* Facebook connect

I think the company behind WeChat is also developer of QQ messenger.

On the China Dospy forum, WeChat promised support for the N9, but that was more than half year ago, so I believe they are no longer interested in this platform...

* Videocall
* Moments: like Twitter where you can share pics too, like FB you can create your own page
* Group chat:
* Look around/shake/drift bottle: finding people with WeChat nearby so you can send them greetings
* Facebook connect

Yes, WeChat, 微信 in chinese, is developed by Tencent company, which was also the developer for QQ and many more. Currently I'm using WeChat on Bluestacks on my PC, but its inconvenient when I'm travelling around without my PC. I tried yesterday and its a very good app to use

* Videocall
* Group chat:
* Facebook connect

Don't want to thread nech but yeah, feature wise it surpasses whatsapp/bbm/kik/xms etc.

I find the voice chat feature really good - just hold the button to record the message and it is automatically sent and downloaded on the recievers' phone - unlike whatsapp where you have to record the audio, choose the file to send and the receiver has to download the file.

WeChat is HUGE in Asia, such a pity they dont have an N9 version because a Qt version would allow them to deploy on to so many different platforms including Sailfish - which Jolla is specifically aiming at the Chinese market.

Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Don't want to thread nech but yeah, feature wise it surpasses whatsapp/bbm/kik/xms etc.

I find the voice chat feature really good - just hold the button to record the message and it is automatically sent and downloaded on the recievers' phone - unlike whatsapp where you have to record the audio, choose the file to send and the receiver has to download the file.

WeChat is HUGE in Asia, such a pity they dont have an N9 version because a Qt version would allow them to deploy on to so many different platforms including Sailfish - which Jolla is specifically aiming at the Chinese market.
True. WeChat is the only social app I miss on my N9...

True. WeChat is the only social app I miss on my N9...
Same here, I even need to carry another phone with me just for it.

I check the following thread (in Chinese) on a regular basis to see whether it's out or not: http://nokia.zol.com.cn/434/297_4337645_21.html
... But the latest message is from November 26. Apparently no chances.

Then there's the fact Jolla announced Dalvik will be integrated by default in Sailfish, so maybe Tencent is just waiting for the Android version to work effortless on N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yean3d For This Useful Post:
up!, any news for this application?

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

after digging around, i found this, but i dont know how to download it

http://weixin.qqday.com/nokia/785.html

need a Guest House for temporary stay at Malaysia?
PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post: