Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

oh, didn`t find it in search before posting. Sorry.

Is an app available for overclocking the N900? Running 800 MHz would be awesome. Some flashstreams stutter during playback and higher frequency of the ARM Cortex-A8 Processor would be an elegant solution for the problem.

you gonna throw the birds faster in angry birds? you can't do anything with the overclock.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiptronic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
you gonna throw the birds faster in angry birds? you can't do anything with the overclock.
what? why not? you wouldn't like the slight speed boost to EVERYTHING? load times for Firefox?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
press the turbo button and use the phone as a hand warmer I guess

it might help games and emulation though

Is someone working on it? The ARM Cortex-A8 is able to run stable 800 MHz from what I read in other threads and websites. So is someone working on it? I am just curious. I think I am not alone.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by redhotfoo View Post
Is an app available for overclocking the N900? Running 800 MHz would be awesome. Some flashstreams stutter during playback and higher frequency of the ARM Cortex-A8 Processor would be an elegant solution for the problem.
Just get the new firmware....you don`t have to overclock....megavideo, veoh are playing much better now!

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
I want to improve the flashvideo performance - youtube works fine, but go and try zatto.com, you will see the n900 failing with 1-2 fps. justin.tv is also slow depending on the videobitrate. A higher CPU frequency would be the solution.

Can you follow me now?

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Just get the new firmware....you don`t have to overclock....megavideo, veoh are playing much better now!
You mean the 1.1?

Update done, no remarkable improvements in flash playback.

Please dear developers, we all want to see OC for N900.

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom