Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
just got the firmware from navifirm and followed this tutorial: http://blog.makesyouhappy.org/?p=202

for those who want to know, i have the danish version and before the flash, i changed my product code to north european and then took the north european firmware in navifirm. after 10 minutes, 1.2 was installed so that should work for everyone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tebsu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Hmm..looks like Santuu

i have a Singapore version and flashed with the north Europe without changing the product code and it worked and have not had any issues with it at all. Only gripe is barely working push service is completely shut off now. And from the horses mouth, Nokia cares less about Nokia N9, see for yourself on the pulse discussion at Nokia beta labs. What a bunch of horse sh8, they want to port pulse to every other platform and want to abandon their own meego, kudos to the Nokia management.
Apple or rim please amaze me with new sexy hardware design as Nokia N9, and you can have my credit card with three Nokia phones for you to toss in the wall.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I doubt it....
Meltemi will be for entirely different devices (low-end).

if that damn meltemi will e ever get released I think that "lowend" could very well be based on broadcom chip like raspberry pi. I mean nokia has some intrests there atleast....

but I guess meltemi devices will not appear in scandinavia/us

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You might be waiting for longer than that.
Excellent!
Waiting, patience and long-suffering are three of my greatest characteristics.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-02-28 at 21:49.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Excellent!
Waiting, patience and long-suffering are three of my greatest characters.
no wonder you feel like home in Nokia and maemo surroundings then

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci77l...eature=related

My website

GitHub

ahoy Marxian you are very smart, you know anyway to check the push server if its functioning or not at all?

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
just got the firmware from navifirm and followed this tutorial: http://blog.makesyouhappy.org/?p=202

for those who want to know, i have the danish version and before the flash, i changed my product code to north european and then took the north european firmware in navifirm. after 10 minutes, 1.2 was installed so that should work for everyone.
great news - downloading firmware right now... tell me - everything on Your N9 works now as it should?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
ahoy Marxian you are very smart, you know anyway to check the push server if its functioning or not at all?
I don't know of a sure-fire way, but checking syslog by entering

Code:
cat var/log/syslog
might provide something useful. Looking at my log, I can see that my account database is being accessed every 20 mins (when mail is fetched).

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert