Closed Thread
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
This is an experimental thread to help newcomers getting basic questions answered. It has certain rules.

If you have a question
  1. Check http://maemo.nokia.com (users) and http://forum.nokia.com/maemo (developers)
  2. Check the Frequently Asked Questions
  3. Use the Search

If at this point you still have a question... reply to this thread writing one question and only one in a single sentence.

If you need to get into longer details or you want to share your opinions etc then you surely want to start a new thread instead.

If you have an answer
  • Quote & reply the original question.
  • Reply with a single sentence containing a link - or even better a link alone.
  • Ideally the link should point to a static/wiki nokia.com or maemo.org page. Sending people to long threads, mail discussions or even micro/blog posts is not a sustainable solution.
  • If this question has been raised several times feel free adding the answer to Frequently Asked Questions and point to it in your answer here.
  • If in addition of your answer you want to discuss further, don't do it here. Just add a link to the existing or new thread.

Posts not following these rules might be deleted without further explanation, for instance discussion posts, Me too's, Thank You's, funny jokes and so on. Each of these exceptions is innocent in its own but all together might just add the % of noise we want to avoid for newcomers.

fwiw the idea of this thread came from: A small suggestion from a bear of very little brain.
Hello !

I am trying to Define my voip gateways using GtalktoVoip but I am not sure how to do that. Can someone help me please ?

IP address: Your gateway must be globally accessable and pingable from our gateway IPs 00.123.456.224/27. Also open ports 1720/tcp, 1719/udp and 5060/udp in your firewall.
Tech.prefix: You can leave this field blank if tech.prefix is not required. Do not forget to type '#' sing after prefix (if needed).
GW type:
Auth name: Format: username@domain.com, where domain.com is either your gateway's IP address or a realm name your system authorizes at.
Password:
User agent:

Thank you !

hellov every body.
I'm Mahnii, and just register too this site now.

check this site plzz:

مهاجرت به کانادا

hi friends,
iam new to this forum,,bought N900 a year ago,
my profession is completely unrelated to computer science
but i want to be a programmer! i started learning python,presently practicing code in IDLE,iam using some ebooks for python biginners.
i want to learn C,C++ too! can any one advise me am i going in a right path, is it possible for a non-professional to become a programmer..?

i love n900 and this community,really inspirational for me..

waiting for a response
thank you
ananth

Originally Posted by ananth View Post
hi friends,
iam new to this forum,,bought N900 a year ago,
my profession is completely unrelated to computer science
but i want to be a programmer! i started learning python,presently practicing code in IDLE,iam using some ebooks for python biginners.
i want to learn C,C++ too! can any one advise me am i going in a right path, is it possible for a non-professional to become a programmer..?

i love n900 and this community,really inspirational for me..

waiting for a response
thank you
ananth
Welcome to the forum.

I get gud knowledge about softwares from you guys....!!! keep it up

sir i would like to ask i have a problem with my n900 last week it updated to maemo 5 security """"" then when i open face it says on the welcome window javascript is disable or upgrade to javascript capable browser. and when im online on facebook i cant ee my online friends. and some minor changes i think were done. pls help ne.

I can't upgrade or remove packages due to this error. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, here is the info from x-terminal:

Nokia-N900:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
kernel-bfs kernel-bfs-bootimg kernel-bfs-flasher
kernel-bfs-modules
Recommended packages:
multiboot usbip mtd-utils kexec-tools
The following packages will be REMOVED:
immvibe
The following NEW packages will be installed:
kernel-bfs
The following packages will be upgraded:
kernel-bfs-bootimg kernel-bfs-flasher kernel-bfs-modules
3 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 51 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/7349kB of archives.
After this operation, 2044kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
dpkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 27321 package `marble':
newline in field name `$4QracvAE11NBrVaESitLl4DSV7xH6V/L2Odz5l9L1hqTFOy6DjzqQUPun9h1'
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
Nokia-N900:~#

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bray , Ireland
Hi all.
Today i just get unlock code from Vodafone.ie in instruction they say:
Code:
1. Power on your Nokia N900
2. Type #pw+UNLOCKCODE+1# (Where UNLOCKCODE is your Nokia N900’s unlock code)
3. Your N900 should say “SIM Restriction Off”
But problem is I cant type "w" when i try pres star* cen get only p,+ but no "w"

Any one have some suggestions

thanx Tees

can someone help me?? i installed an application that allows to lock some application like "image,contact,camera,application manager and else more.... then after all of those locked application disappeared and i cant open even one of those. can some one help me???

note that my usb connector is broken

I updated my Nokia N9. After the update it restarted. I entered my pin code correctly but then it asked me for a security code. The problem is that there is no touchpad to enter the numbers. Please help.

Closed Thread

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted