Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by nath View Post
Do you need some more testers then? I could easily compare with both devices here.
I really need to be able to investigate the problem directly as I suspect it's likely to involve a lot of fiddling with parameters (testing different volume levels, making sure the correct microphone is being used, etc.). Anyway, this isn't really the place for such discussions, that should probably be happening over in the Eyrie thread here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84448

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
I'm wondering if perhaps I'm not really eligible for this particular program, since I'm planning on submitting to the store eventually anyway (once I've been able to fix these problems in one form or another)?

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
If there is a low amount of entries here, I will revoke my CA nomination (http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ay/005372.html) in favor of the Nokia Store Award nomination for my Waze Qt port (Social Navigation) in order to balance the entries (:P)

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
I'm wondering if perhaps I'm not really eligible for this particular program, since I'm planning on submitting to the store eventually anyway (once I've been able to fix these problems in one form or another)?
Maybe Eyrie is better suited for the coding competition category?
(although I can't recall all the requirements there OTTOMH)

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Applied

My submission is for mobilecrunch, a port of speedcrunch for the Nokia N9 with a completely rewritten UI in QML, and using modified maliit keyboard layouts for input.
ACCEPTED. Let us know when it's published.

PS: in the discussion thread you say it will be a paid app. Is it really so?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Applied.

My submission is for Presence VNC client port from N900 to N9. Or actually upgrade from my previous v0.8 release for Harmattan (v0.8 deb package avail in here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=13) to v0.9 version for Harmattan. For the new version I've added support for N9 VKB and tidied up the settings UI for better fit to Harmattan resolution.

This is also listed as missing app in here Community/Wiki/Apps_Missing#Apps_in_competing_platforms_but_not_i n_Nokia_Store

23 to go.

By the way, leave your preference for N9 / N950 in your entry at the wiki page.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Well I can only go on reports from N9 users, but a number of people have complained about it being unable to recognise songs which are reliably detected on an N950. And with the propensity of store users to give bad reviews I'd like it to be as reliable as it can be before unleashing it upon them .
That's why I advocated a long time ago for the Ovi/Nokia Store to have an 'experimental / adventurer' mode where devs could publish their WiP apps for the wider testing audience, and then when it is properly tested just to move it to a regular category visible to the faint hearted as well. That way developers would gain a huge mindshare for testing their apps while not risking initial negative rating. Then even the Nokia Beta Labs could publish their apps there instead of the need of a separate account and completely different setup presently required for the ones that are interested in upcoming things and living on the bleeding edge.

In fact, even beta FW updates could be distributed that way, ensuring much wider testing audience which will willingly take all the risks on themselves.

Alas, it was not to be...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Please, don't digress in this thread. http://apps.formeego.org serves the purpose of betatesting.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by qgil View Post

PS: in the discussion thread you say it will be a paid app. Is it really so?
This was the original intention. A device however is payment enough for me, so I will publish it for free.

I may still publish a paid variant later alongside the free one if this is not an issue. Source will be published ASAP in github.

Going to publish ---->

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I've applied too.

My submission is for my "Perth Trains" app, which shows live departure times for trains in Perth, Western Australia. Although there is a working package on the project's web page, there are some updates I will probably need to make before store submission - such as a message to the user for when there is no internet connection. (this will be a free app, and is open source https://gitorious.org/fremantle-line).