Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
You got the REAL Android......
But why not dualboot it if you also want to use Sailfish OS on it?
If you don't want to use Google stuff, just use Cyanogenmod without any Google Apps on it.

It's a workaround, but it's at least some solution that could help
because I dont like android. the entire system is boring. i like the swipe gestures on Jolla but unfortunately the device is a little bit under-powered

plus thanks to webpirate i can leave youtube videos in the background and listen to music. I dont want to duel boot because reboot to use a single app seems inefficient somehow.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
because I dont like android. the entire system is boring. i like the swipe gestures on Jolla but unfortunately the device is a little bit under-powered

plus thanks to webpirate i can leave youtube videos in the background and listen to music. I dont want to duel boot because reboot to use a single app seems inefficient somehow.
There are MANY apps that lets you listen to YouTube on the background. For example LLS Player for Sailfish OS, or BS Player and MX Player for Android (works also for Sailfish OS!)

Well, it's better then moNOpoly at all (see what I did there? )

i suppose its just a matter of preference, i simply dont like Android as an OS. hell if i was on android i doubt i would of had an easy time simply compiling on device. who knows maybe they have make.

and i sippose that's more important to me than one game lol still seems like itd be fun to take a lool at the code

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Please, if you get to compile it, publish it on OpenRepos.net 'cause I need me some webOS apps (I'm a former webOS user!)
As stated a million of times before preenv DOES NOT run apps

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
What's funny is that webOS apps would probably be easier to run than games...

EDIT: Elaborating a bit: They're HTML + JavaScript. I don't know the current legal status of Mojo (the original webOS UI framework), but you could probably copy it "as-is" from a real webOS device, write some Javascript stubs, put them on a qtwebkit view, and .. voilą! you have most webOS applications working...

I just centered on games because until a week ago I didn't know much "javascript based UI development"...

Last edited by javispedro; 2015-05-13 at 21:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
iirc preenv was only working for games not apps
See prewebenv. It was a try to run webOS apps. Many of them worked, but the project died a natural death

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2015-05-19 at 07:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: