Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
FCC has now published N950 manual.
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...27LJPRM-680%27

EDIT: direct link doesn't work. You have to click "manual" from the list.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to larux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Blah, it was only 15 page "manual" for developers.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Personally and seriously, What Will we do with the N950 Manual as we will never have it into our hands?? I don't Understand! Who cares???
Anyway thanks for this. I'm going to be hurt in my own love by reading this!

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
I cannot understand why nokia does not want to release N950 to consumer market ! I would have paid a premium price for this device , but nokia released N9 which i think is a downgraded model of my N900 .... in terms of fm-transmitter , physical keypad , etc !

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Perhaps the reason that the N950 is "developers only" is that the N950 might come without DRM and the N9 might come with DRM?

Originally Posted by abhideva View Post
I cannot understand why nokia does not want to release N950 to consumer market ! I would have paid a premium price for this device , but nokia released N9 which i think is a downgraded model of my N900 .... in terms of fm-transmitter , physical keypad , etc !
It can't give you a physical keypad (without bluetooth or something), but hopefully there will be an FM transmitter as soon as someone figures out how to talk to the FM hardware. Just like it was on the N900 in the beginning:
http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=145

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Perhaps the reason that the N950 is "developers only" is that the N950 might come without DRM and the N9 might come with DRM?
Most DRM is still implemented in software, so there should be no problem giving N950 the same DRM features as N9. Unless of course Nokia has gone way out to please the media industry by inserting some kind of DRM-chip in the phone.

But let's just hope that Nokia skips the DRM altogether. It will only make a mess for consumers and ruin the user experience for those who pay for their content. (And when I think about it, this discussion should probably be in another thread than the one about the N950 manual )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dragly View Post
It can't give you a physical keypad (without bluetooth or something), but hopefully there will be an FM transmitter as soon as someone figures out how to talk to the FM hardware. Just like it was on the N900 in the beginning:
http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=145
Thanx dragly , But i dont think application support will be there , unless through Alien Dalvik officialy comes to N9 !

Originally Posted by dragly View Post
Unless of course Nokia has gone way out to please the media industry by inserting some kind of DRM-chip in the phone.
TI has, the "chip" is part of the OMAP3 SoC. So there shouldn't be any difference in that respect between the N950 and the N9-00.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Ah, I was just reading the N950 manual and checking the released pics. So hasn't N9 hit the FCC yet?