Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Hello All,

I received a Blackberry Q10 from a friend as my N900's screen cracked from removing a screen protector I had used.My N9's battery is dead. If the N900 or N9 was ported like Blackberry 10.2 to run Android apps natively on Maemo/Meego then I would gladly keep it or buy a new one.

Anyway, I have to transfer all my contacts and SMS to my new Blackberry. I tried contacting from Nokia Suite to Windows Contacts and then from Windows Contacts with Blackberry Link onto the Blackberry but it didn't work. I also tried the Syncevolution app to sync the contacts up to my gmail account but that didn't work either. I heard with contacts I can export to CSV and import into the blackberry, but I don't know how to do that.

What are my other options? Bluetooth syncing between the phones didn't work either...

The Following User Says Thank You to BaronKatz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
In N900 you can export all your contacts in CSV form. Open contacts app, tap to open menu and from the menu of contact app select Export Contacts or something like this. But keep in mind that it will create a CSV file for each contact.

And about SMS I dont know how to do it. Give BlackBerry Switch a try.

Edit. Its only Export.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2014-12-25 at 07:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
In N900 you can export all your contacts in CSV form. Open contacts app, tap to open menu and from the menu of contact app select Export Contacts or something like this. But keep in mind that it will create a CSV file for each contact.

And about SMS I dont know how to do it. Give BlackBerry Switch a try.

Edit. Its only Export.
Actually in N900 it would only export as a VCF file, so I had to download an old version of PC suite and use that to export one single CSV file from all my contacts. I then uploaded it to Gmail and synced my Gmail contacts on my Blackberry which downloaded all the contacts from Gmail.

Still trying ot figure out the easiest way to transfer SMS (and maybe MMS) from my N900 to Blackberry 10.2

The Following User Says Thank You to BaronKatz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Links about SMS: SMSTools, Ovi Suite.

Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: