Poll: Will you buy the Jolla phone?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I made a 100 eur pre-order to Estonia. I really hope that all goes well with Jolla, product is delivered in Q4 2013 and that final Jolla product will be less in size having way smaller upper and lower screen bezel area and that it is not as thick as the demo unit was.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by edi_opteron View Post
@ AMD , Salamon Aleikom. Ya hala

Well, Similar to AMD, I'm from Iran, Where no Jolla smartphones would be available even in the 1H of 2014. But unlike Lebanon, People in some Iranian gadget forums know Jolla, But did they pre-order ?
I own the god sent N9, but I want to give it to my father and buy a new phone. Sorry me, but I hate Android and all it's OEMs. Not to mention Apple.
If I want to buy the upcoming EOS then I have to tolerate WP8's unbelievable basic feature scarcity .
I really don't know what to do. Should I wait for the not-surely coming Jolla which have no warranty and many other things, Or I buy the gorgeous Aluminum EOS with it's great camera?
Thanks for help in advance.
Well, I doubt, seriously doubt it'll come to Lebanon UNLESS somewhere in the middle east gives serious attention to Jolla, therefore it'd be distributed all around the ME. Well, I hope this happens, but I have 0.1 % that it could ever happen. :/

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
What's the problem with the distribution? Back in the day, the Nokia N9 was not avaliable in my country (Spain) and I managed to get my hands on a device, pursached online a Australia-packaged version (different power plug, didn't know it ) from a retail store in United States (another country without N9 support).
The phone traveled from all the world from Sydney - Hawaii - Indianapolis - Paris - Madrid - MY HOUSE.
If you really want the phone, and don't care about the hurry and the inmediate avaliability from the launch, you would manage to get your hands on one, like i did with the N9

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
What's the problem with the distribution? Back in the day, the Nokia N9 was not avaliable in my country (Spain) and I managed to get my hands on a device, pursached online a Australia-packaged version (different power plug, didn't know it ) from a retail store in United States (another country without N9 support).
The phone traveled from all the world from Sydney - Hawaii - Indianapolis - Paris - Madrid - MY HOUSE.
If you really want the phone, and don't care about the hurry and the inmediate avaliability from the launch, you would manage to get your hands on one, like i did with the N9
I literally don't care if it takes 3 months to arrive, I just want it to come!

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
there's a new kid in town, it's called online-shop!

N9 also was not available in my country, so i ordered it from Amazon, problem solved!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
there's a new kid in town, it's called online-shop!

N9 also was not available in my country, so i ordered it from Amazon, problem solved!
Well, I will wait until it reaches Amazon
Until then my friend

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Sorry me, but what if there's no online shopping nor Amazon access nor that silk road like Stockholm - Istanbul - Tehran - MY HOUSE for me?
any suggestions gentlemen? How can I get Jolla then?

With this MS acquisition of Nokia is heating, I really doubt that I'll buy the EOS.
these days the whole life sucks.

The Following User Says Thank You to edi_opteron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Ask a friend/relative who is staying in the list of supported countries to buy it for you. Then get them to courier it to you. That's essentially what I'm doing.

Worst case scenario - find someone here on TMO (or some other forum) that you hope is trustworthy enough to buy the Jolla device for you and send it over.

The Following User Says Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
GUYS!!!!!

I posted a thread not too long ago, saying you can use a mail forwarding service. You use their European address, then they send it to you. Simple!

Check out www.bongous.com

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
GUYS!!!!!

I posted a thread not too long ago, saying you can use a mail forwarding service. You use their European address, then they send it to you. Simple!

Check out www.bongous.com
That seems to be an american corporation. Propably very limited use for edi_opteron.

Considering the trade embargo USA has against Iran and the legal trouble americans get into if they do Iran related business.

Tags
fanboy, gy_wp_sy, jolla, jolla phone, theoclueless, theotool