Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
i'm using 0.3.6 version - phone recording stopped working - i get a message whenever a call starts:
unable to create gstreamer element 'pulsesrc'

it does work if i manually press the "Record" button, but it doesn't start the recording itself.
Ack! I took a quick look through the source, and (after looking at the same line two or three times) finally noticed I'd made a little cut & paste error. The nasty thing about this error is that it slipped past the compiler quite silently... Let me rush out an update and see if it will start working again for you. Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hi folks! Version 0.3.7 of Orecchiette is now making its way up to extras-devel. This one just has a quick fix to a rather embarrassing cut&paste error I made in my code, causing the phone recording feature to fail. Hopefully, it should work correctly now, but I can only do limited testing on it (as I don't use either of my N900s as a phone any more); so, please tell me if you have any trouble using it! Thanks.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Seems to work fine now - thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
HI Copernicus, just I'm curious to know what phone you use now. Currently I use a Lumia 1020 (great for photography) alternately with the N900. Thanks for the Orecchiette update!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fatalist View Post
HI Copernicus, just I'm curious to know what phone you use now. Currently I use a Lumia 1020 (great for photography) alternately with the N900.
Cool! Right now, I'm using an HTC One M8; it's quite a nice phone, but I find I use it kind of like the iPhone I once had -- I just can't bring myself to be excited about spending all my time playing with apps and messing around with downloading the latest stuff from Google, the way they seem to think I should. So, it's serving its time mainly as a standard dumb-phone, while I try to mess around with other mobile devices; at the moment, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get a Linux kernel compiled for a Nexus 7 tablet.

In short, I've been entirely spoiled by the N900. Once I find some new batteries for my N900s, I'll probably go back to hacking on them some more...

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Have a look for some polarcell batteries, they seem to be good quality and in stable supply at the moment.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Have a look for some polarcell batteries, they seem to be good quality and in stable supply at the moment.
Thanks! But, do you know of a supplier of Polarcell on this side of the Atlantic? I've read here that they are good, but I can't seem to find them from my usual sources. I am able to get "BL-5J" batteries here, but they all look kinda iffy. The last one I got lasted for a while, but eventually started overheating whenever I tried to charge it.

I really need to go through dr_frost_dk's full list again, and see if I can find any locally available options.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
O/T polarcells lately are reported to be average quality and not 1500mph... Woe oh woe!

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390402445382

Worldwide shipping?

Alternatively maybe sourcing local OEM batteries is the way to go.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390402445382

Worldwide shipping?
Aha!! I just checked Ebay here in the states, and Wannsee is also listed here! (Although it looks as though their ad has been automatically translated to English, so I dunno if Ebay is just listing international sellers now. I'm not really an Ebay expert...) Thanks, I will give them a shot!

EDIT: Just got a confirmation note, written entirely in German. So I'll hopefully be able to test out Polarcell myself in a week or two...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-12-20 at 00:56.

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording