Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
As a new user of a bluetooth keyboard, I am making a few discoveries that don't make me entirely happy.

I'm running 2008 on my N800.

I find that the scrollbar on my browser no longer works at all. It doesn't work when I have the bluetooth keyboard active, and it doesn't work when I have the bluetooth keyboard packed.

I also find that when I have the bluetooth keyboard active, there is no way I've discovered to start using the on-screen keyboard. This is unfortunate, because sometimes I am holding the N800 in my hand and the bt keyboard is sitting on a table across the room. I would like just for a moment to use the onscreen keyboard, as opposed to getting up and crossing the room to use the bt keyboard for just some short task.

Are there answers to these sorts of annoyances?

I have noticed these and other small problems that make me suspect that it will take longer than I expected it to take; I thought a non-beta might be available at the end of the month, but now I think it will take longer.

I suspect the former complaint was a bug that was fixed in the final release of OS2008. At least, I don't have that problem. Does it happen on every site you visit?

Regarding the onscreen keyboard, I know of no way to make it come up when you have a bluetooth keyboard active. You can, however, disconnect the keyboard in order to get it to appear. To do this, click the "B" icon at the top of the screen and click "Disconnect [keyboard model]". Slightly annoying, but it works.