Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
slight ot question... What is the stroke order for word shown below. Thanks,
丿丨乛丨一丨乛一一乛丨

Originally Posted by amandalam View Post
丿丨乛丨一丨乛一一乛丨
thank you very much...I transposed the 4th and 5th stroke in my failed attempts.

Version 0.3 is now released. Introduced "Strokes Enquiry" feature that allows you to enquire and copy the strokes of any particular Chinese character, plus various other fixes.

See #1 for more details.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Australia
This is a great ap amanda!

It is nice to have the English keyboard, particularly for those of us who have lost the on-screen keyboard after installing penpower.

Along the English line...

1. Can predictive English text be added? (to accompany the predictive Chinese)
2. The English keyboard has some 'features' which reduce the potential size of the letter keys...
a. There are two backspace keys
b. The apostrophe, and perhaps the comma and full-stop, could all be on the bottom row, using some of the 'space' bar. I notice that the 'shift' key doesn't do anything to the symbols. Perhaps the 'Enter' key can be spanned across two rows, if that helps the arrangement.
c. In landscape mode, the English keyboard does not need a blue bar at the top of the screen. Unless it is used for predictive text

Otherwise, 'Stroke Order' is great as it is!

Originally Posted by vkelim View Post
This is a great ap amanda!

It is nice to have the English keyboard, particularly for those of us who have lost the on-screen keyboard after installing penpower.

Along the English line...

1. Can predictive English text be added? (to accompany the predictive Chinese)
2. The English keyboard has some 'features' which reduce the potential size of the letter keys...
a. There are two backspace keys
b. The apostrophe, and perhaps the comma and full-stop, could all be on the bottom row, using some of the 'space' bar. I notice that the 'shift' key doesn't do anything to the symbols. Perhaps the 'Enter' key can be spanned across two rows, if that helps the arrangement.
c. In landscape mode, the English keyboard does not need a blue bar at the top of the screen. Unless it is used for predictive text

Otherwise, 'Stroke Order' is great as it is!
Thanks for your suggestions! I am very happy that someone actually uses it!

I do intentionally keep two backspace keys --- the top one is for Chinese characters that I don't want to put extra code just to hide it when the English keyboard is shown; and there is one in the English keyboard because it would be much more natural to use it.

The position of apostrophe, comma and full-stop is referring to the PC keyboard layout, which I think most people would get used to it quickly. But as a trade-off of this, the English keys become a little bit smaller...

Introducing predictive phrases for English would mean another library to prepare and maintain, and it would only make sense if I implement this like the T9-way (i.e. lookup the phrases by checking the characters as you type, instead of just taking the first character and gives you its associated phrases)...this would take some time for technical research.

Unfortunately I'm quite busy on other personal stuffs these days though; but I'll see if I can incorporate some of your suggestions (e.g. the blue bar one) in the next versions.

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
is there document somewhere for nokia implementation of stroke order to form word? the stroke order you show for '好' is different from what I could recall if I were to write the word with pen and paper.
i intially also had problems with some characters, until i realized that (i will represent stroke glyphs in "ascii art") -, stroke is also used for reverse stroke '-, and is therefore used for strokes, which look like \,, \_ or <.

so e.g. 厶 is written as -, + \

Last edited by mykhal; 2010-11-02 at 19:28. Reason: added another stroke

The Following User Says Thank You to mykhal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
some update will come ?
hope it wil not be long since I won't finsih mine before 201103

Originally Posted by pursueky View Post
some update will come ?
hope it wil not be long since I won't finsih mine before 201103
Version 0.5 has been released to maemo.org extras-devel. See #1 for change details.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amandalam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Australia
Thanks for the update! with the slightly larger keys on the on-screen keyboard, my finger can now grow a little fatter!

Is it possible to use this in place of mscim (which doesn't have the symbols virtual keyboard and doesn't work in Qt apps)?

Also, I find this input method slower in normal use than pinyin input even though Chinese is my native language. It's good for finding characters I don't know how to pronounce though.