Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
It's been happening since PR1.2. I have lots of IM accounts as well as Facebook, twitter and mfe, and I can't see which contacts are being merged. I tried exporting to vcard to see if I got 5 unusually large files but no luck. Guess I'll live...
Can you estimate roughly how often it happens?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Can you estimate roughly how often it happens?
I'd say about once per day. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I can be more specific.

Hi, I've deleted 80 contacts from facebook and waiting for the contact list on my n9 to reflect the change, but nothing happens. Is there a way to manually refresh the contact list? Or, can anybody explain how the sync'ing is done with facebook and other services?

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by skrech View Post
Hi, I've deleted 80 contacts from facebook and waiting for the contact list on my n9 to reflect the change, but nothing happens. Is there a way to manually refresh the contact list? Or, can anybody explain how the sync'ing is done with facebook and other services?
Login to Facebook IM via the availability menu, contacts will be synchronized.

nope, that doesn't work

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by skrech View Post
nope, that doesn't work
Odd, that's how it works for me. But I always did this after adding contacts, not after deleting, that's the only thing I can think of.

EDIT:
I think you can delete and re-add your facebook account in the accounts manager, that should do the trick. I don't know if by doing so you'd lose your chat history though.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2012-06-26 at 21:04.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ sarajevo
Hi all,
since this is thread for contacts/IM, figured its the right post for the issues I have wit my N9.
First, setting a ringtone-per-group can't be done, i.e. I want all my company contacts to have same ringtone since they are all in one group (did it manually for each and every one
Second, i have family using fring (combines fring, gtalk, aim, ...) and when they try to call me on Gtalk, the call is started but no voice from my side goes to the other party. When I call Gtalk on PC, everything is OK. Any idea why is this happening?
Also, any info if the fring is coming to the N9?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by aglio View Post
Hi all,
since this is thread for contacts/IM, figured its the right post for the issues I have wit my N9.
First, setting a ringtone-per-group can't be done, i.e. I want all my company contacts to have same ringtone since they are all in one group (did it manually for each and every one
Second, i have family using fring (combines fring, gtalk, aim, ...) and when they try to call me on Gtalk, the call is started but no voice from my side goes to the other party. When I call Gtalk on PC, everything is OK. Any idea why is this happening?
Also, any info if the fring is coming to the N9?
Dont know about the fring issue but afaik, you can only set ringtones by individual unless there is some hack way or maybe someone could write an applet...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Hmm, as i deleted accounts and re-added them, my gmail account is partly working. i can use it for chat, but mail app is not downloading any mails, it even doesn't show the sync in transfers menu. I thought update to pr1.3 may fix it, but even after rootfs only flash it didn't. Maybe there is info stored in /home/user dir that used by mail app (AFAIK fenix), maybe i could clear it or some other solutions are welcome.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
solved it: delete ~/.qmf (mail cache data - would delete all emails from phone, so if you don't have copy on server, not recommended) and account and rebooted. Added it back and it's working. Thanks to Elleo and Avengence