Active Topics

Best guess, you need this one (seems you have middle east FW on the device)
http://www.mrcrab.net/nokia/Nokia_N9...n=40.2012.21.3

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thank you. Could you explain how you know this? The code on the sim tray is 059J260 not 059J231.

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
Thank you. Could you explain how you know this? The code on the sim tray is 059J260 not 059J231.
Can you scan that barcode in Settings-> About

The N9 won't boot because the flash failed.

Last edited by rabilon; 2014-11-25 at 22:18.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Try with another usb port and cable?

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Best guess, you need this one (seems you have middle east FW on the device)
http://www.mrcrab.net/nokia/Nokia_N9...n=40.2012.21.3
Thanks - I don't understand how you knew which files to download but it worked.

Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
Thanks - I don't understand how you knew which files to download but it worked.
As @peterleinchen noticed from your log, you have variant 006 of firmware on phone, you, or someone owning the phone before you, flashed that version - never mind the product cofe.
If you look here http://wiki.maemo.org/Flashing_N9 you will see variant 006 is middle east version FW.
Sp, simply search on all firmwares on mrcrabb, and locate one that have "006" in filename. Size and color doesnt matter really.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Note that the number on the simtray indicates only what variant of the firmware was *originally* shipped with the phone.
Because it's possible to flash a variant with a higher revision number than the existing one (as explained at top of the thread) and because the simtray may have been swapped with a different one, it's not reliable to use the simtray number to guess the firmware variant.

If you want to know the existing firmware version, use the flasher command with option -i .
Anyway in your flashing attempt the first thing flasher has done is spell out the device identification, i.e. what your device currently is/has:
Code:
Device identifier: 357923043093089 (SN: N/A)
Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1603
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_006

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Hi guys.
I am wondering how secure the secure erase feature really is. I flashed my phone using the --erase-user-data=secure option but the whole process only took a few minutes. Is it any different from standard Windows quick formatting? Does it really make it impossible (or at least difficult) to recover erased data? An why did it only need such a short time to complete? The guide states that "it will take a very long time" but I've heared from other users that securely flashing their phones also took only a few minutes.

Cheers.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by houk View Post
Hi guys.
I am wondering how secure the secure erase feature really is. I flashed my phone using the --erase-user-data=secure option but the whole process only took a few minutes. Is it any different from standard Windows quick formatting? Does it really make it impossible (or at least difficult) to recover erased data? An why did it only need such a short time to complete? The guide states that "it will take a very long time" but I've heared from other users that securely flashing their phones also took only a few minutes.

Cheers.
Well, it does the best to erase the flash data but due to the way flash memory is constructed it is highly likely that some data remains on the device. Reliably Erasing Data From Flash-Based Solid State Drives

As for why it is cited to take a long time and it actually takes less than that; few minutes is actually awfully long time.
It also depends on whether you have a 16G or 64G device, it takes 4 times longer to erase the larger device.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9