Hi,

After update to PR 1.1 my headphones are not detected automatically anymore.

If I want to use them, I need to plug them in and reboot the N9.

When done, I have to reboot in order to use the loud speakers instead.

Any idea how to fix this?

Just posted this

"Has anyone else experienced problems with their headset port since updating to PR1.1 ?

Mine no longer detects any headphones are connected at all. However turn off the device and plug in headphones and once booted the headphones will work, however unplug them with the device on and the loudspeaker will no longer work and people wont be able to hear you if they call either. So i have to restart the phone once more without headphones attached to bring normal service (albeit one that doesn't have a working headphone jack) back to the phone...

I want to see if anyone else has this problem as its quite different to the occasionally fussy like or not like of certain branded headsets others have reported. This affects ALL headsets / headphones including the Nokia ones included in the box.

I used to use Bluetooth headset before PR1.1 so I can not testify as to whether it is the update that has broken the auto-detection of the device (headphones connected or not) or whether the issue has been on my handset all along.

One could be attributable to a software issue, but could also likely be a hardware issue requiring repair or replacement. Before I go without my phone for 2 weeks or more could I ask others to check their PR1.1 updated handsets for the same issue.

Many thanks

N9on"

Sounds like same problem. Did you ever resolve it ????/

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by corkpcp View Post
Hi,

After update to PR 1.1 my headphones are not detected automatically anymore.

If I want to use them, I need to plug them in and reboot the N9.

When done, I have to reboot in order to use the loud speakers instead.

Any idea how to fix this?
Have you searched the bug-tracker to see if anything similar's been reported?

Try a full reset perhaps? Failing that...
Backup any content you have (not setting/apps) i.e. music, vids, docs etc.
And then do a full re-flash... Failing that...
Lodge a bug report on bug-tracker, if there isn't already one that's similar.

My N9 still detects my headphones normally in PR1.1. Try a hard rest and see if it cures the problem.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by N9on View Post
Just posted this

"Has anyone else experienced problems with their headset port since updating to PR1.1 ?

Mine no longer detects any headphones are connected at all. However turn off the device and plug in headphones and once booted the headphones will work, however unplug them with the device on and the loudspeaker will no longer work and people wont be able to hear you if they call either. So i have to restart the phone once more without headphones attached to bring normal service (albeit one that doesn't have a working headphone jack) back to the phone...

I want to see if anyone else has this problem as its quite different to the occasionally fussy like or not like of certain branded headsets others have reported. This affects ALL headsets / headphones including the Nokia ones included in the box.

I used to use Bluetooth headset before PR1.1 so I can not testify as to whether it is the update that has broken the auto-detection of the device (headphones connected or not) or whether the issue has been on my handset all along.

One could be attributable to a software issue, but could also likely be a hardware issue requiring repair or replacement. Before I go without my phone for 2 weeks or more could I ask others to check their PR1.1 updated handsets for the same issue.

Many thanks

N9on"

Sounds like same problem. Did you ever resolve it ????/
Had the same issue after update, as well as a 'ping' sound at start up.
Reset didn't help.
Reinstall via NSU didn't help either.
Sent it to Nokia Care 2 Fridays ago, and they're replacing the motherboard. Stil haven't got it back though, so couldn't say if the problem is solved.
Off topic, Nokia Care is REALLY sucky after Nokia sub contracted it to some jokers. Before it was on the spot repairs or 3 days at most.
On the plus side, I gained the breathing LED notification light at the expense of the headphones...

The Following User Says Thank You to joelsk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I also have problem, but with not nokia branded headphones..

Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
Had the same issue after update, as well as a 'ping' sound at start up.
Reset didn't help.
Reinstall via NSU didn't help either.
Sent it to Nokia Care 2 Fridays ago, and they're replacing the motherboard. Stil haven't got it back though, so couldn't say if the problem is solved.
Off topic, Nokia Care is REALLY sucky after Nokia sub contracted it to some jokers. Before it was on the spot repairs or 3 days at most.
On the plus side, I gained the breathing LED notification light at the expense of the headphones...

Thanks for the response. I suspect it may require hardware fix. Worried as it means probably won't get my phone back till after christmas or new year if I send it off for repair now, but better to send it off I guess and get it sorted.

Oh and yes, the ping sound is there when my phone boots up too.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
My N9 still detects my headphones normally in PR1.1. Try a hard rest and see if it cures the problem.
That doesn't work. Problem persists.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I also have problem, but with not nokia branded headphones..
The problem the OP and I describe is different to the occasional pickiness of the phone and headset brands.

This affects ALL headphones regardless of branding unfortunately.

At this stage, I may just get a new phone (Lumia 800 or iPhone4s) and sell this one off when it comes back from repair. As much as I like the N9 and meego, the user experience and dealing with Nokia Care hasn't been very good at all unfortunately.

Last edited by N9on; 2011-12-11 at 16:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9on For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
You tried a re-instal/re-flash?
Worth it if it works, you don't have to bother sending-it-off then.
I know it didn't work for joelsk, & he sounds very similar, but you never know.
Sounds most likely like a hw issue though.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
No issue here thank god with PR1.1... I use my headphones way to much to have this issue!

The Following User Says Thank You to slashd0t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You tried a re-instal/re-flash?
Worth it if it works, you don't have to bother sending-it-off then.
I know it didn't work for joelsk, & he sounds very similar, but you never know.
Sounds most likely like a hw issue though.
Yes i too have hard reset and re-flashed, alas to no avail.

Will be despatchibg mine by post to Nokia Ireland for repair. Unfortunately as the phone is not officially available here, it could mean a long protracted repair, and given the time of year - I'm not expecting to see this phone till early January.

Nokia care terrible service on the phone..

Rang Nokia Care Ireland. I had to fight with Nokia on the phone for them to even agree to look at my phone. They kept telling me that as it wasn't officially available here, I'll have to send it to Expansys.

I pointed out to them that by EU law any item sold within the EU and being used in the EU is covered by law and is eligible for warranty service by the manufacturer.

Nokia on the phone continued to refuse to help and hung upon me.

I went to Nokia discussions on their website and found an administrator / moderator and explained what happened. They took my IMEI and checked it. As the phone was intended for Switzerland and I was in Ireland, they concurred that under the EU limited warranty I was entitled to service repair / replacement if necessary, and that the information from the phone support was completely wrong and will be taken up with them.

They sent me a PDF to fill out and send my phone off with on a freepost address.

Getting service shouldn't require this much hassle in 2011. If I didn't know my rights as an EU citizen I would have basically just been palmed off and left feeling I had wasted nearly €600 on a broken defective device.

Terrible service upto this point, and no matter what it tarnishes the relationship you have with your device. n9 I used to love you, now I'm wondering if youre truly worthy of my love at all

The Following User Says Thank You to N9on For This Useful Post: