Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
This update seems to have fixed for me the battery drainage of previous version.
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
On what device? I ain't seen no difference on my J1 yet.
This is mentioned as fixed in just about every release thread, and likewise someone else always discovers a new battery drain that wasn't there before, it's honestly quite funny. My guess is that it's never (except for that one time where the WiFi never shut off or something) actually fixed or caused by any update, but that it's always related to outside conditions that coincidentally changed around the time of the update (phone masts being replaced, a rise or drop in temperature, and so on). I can't think of any other way to explain the phenomenon.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ country of yorkshire
It is definitely an MS exchange problem. PDF attachments open fine in simple email accounts. Another problem is that password protected PDF's don't open in MS exchange , the password entry page just keeps asking for the password , even though passwords have been entered correctly, but open fine in simple email accounts.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rogger888 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi everybody,
My J1 doesn't want to install the 3.0.0.5. When I run the "Preparation of the update", I get a popup which says:

Problem with the store
The store can't compute the size of the update
I don't certify the exact message because my J1 is in French, but I hope you'll get it.

Any idea?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
There is one UI inconsistancy I just noticed which I have not seen yet reported;

When the device is locked and you access the top menu all of the same settings that you have selected are shown, however you can only operate some of those.

For example switching the torch on/off or changing ambience is possible, but wlan toggle on/off or entering airplane mode is not allowed.

This behaviour is OK, as I see those operations are priviliged and should not be allowed unauthenticated. However I'd like to see those icons grayed out or otherwice made "unaccessible" insead of "seemingly" being operatible without actually working.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi everybody,
My J1 doesn't want to install the 3.0.0.5. When I run the "Preparation of the update", I get a popup which says:

I don't certify the exact message because my J1 is in French, but I hope you'll get it.

Any idea?
Was able to update smoothly yesterday night, without any change on my side. Weird.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
What do you mean by "without any change on my side"?

So the update did not suceed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
What do you mean by "without any change on my side"?

So the update did not suceed?
My reading was, "the update went smoothly yesterday, even though I did not do anything different than the last time when it kept failing". I thought it was obvious and completely unambiguous, but that's probably because I am a Bloody Foreigner™ like romu

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
3.0.0.8 is now available due to the XA2 release.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post: