Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
everything worked out. Thanks guys. Wish Nokia would incorporate something more elegant in the update but this will do.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Warsaw, Poland
Done. Only changed in gainroot, not sudoers.
http://eko.one.pl/index.php?page=Nok...are#becomeroot
--
Cezary

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Thanks. That will make life easier for people creating/using scripts which need root.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# use gainroot to become root and relaunch itself
if [ `id -u` != 0 ] ; then
#if not already root, call itself as root
        sudo gainroot <<EOF
$0 $*
EOF
        exit
fi
I get a segmentation fault with this part active. Anyone else have a problem with using this technique to gainroot from a user script?

FYI: I have a samsumg blackjack on cingular and the following ip setup was necessary

IP=192.168.0.170
GW=192.168.0.1
NS=192.168.0.1

www.dslreports.com/mspeed give 365kbps one the 770. (laptop usb tethered 1mbps, BT on laptop is about the same as the 770)

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Houston
I used the scripts and ran the "up script" as root and tried to pair my Cingular Blackjack with the Nokia but I still get the following error "Selected phone does not have services tha can be used. Select another phone." Although, on the Blackjack, it says "INFO Your Smartphone has connected with n770". Any helpful hints?

Thanks in advance.

Did you connect to the DEFAULT setting before you ran the up script?

I am not sure what you mean by DEFAULT.

ON the N770:

Tools/Connection Manager/Menu/Tools/Phone/New/Selected my phone 'SGH-i60'/Select 'ok' when prompted for 'pair with phone'/entered N770 passcode on phone when prompted/ and then had the above ERROR.

TIA.

The UP and DOWN script is only half of the battle, you have to configure some other stuff before you even run the scripts. Read the How-To on maemo. Skip all the setting up stuff on your linux/PC server side since you don't need that.

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO-BluetoothNetworking

I tried to setup the "dummy access point" at http://maemo.org/maemowiki/DummyIAP with the command
gconftool -s -t string /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/DEFAULT/type DUMMY
but I am missing /system on the N770. I only have /sys. I must be missing something.

hmm...I don't remember how I got mine working since its been a couple months. maybe you have to run that command as root perhaps?