Active Topics

Went to the Nokia repair service that I knew here where I'm living. The battery is OK, but they don't repair internettablet, just phones .... OMG!!!
So the last resort is to send it to the "internettabletrepaircenter" somewhere ...

I too desperately need a solution as I am in the same situation and experiencing the same symptoms.

For me, its been going on for months now, where itll work normally for a while and then I turn it off once and it won't turn on again. Charger works fine and reinstalling the battery does nothing.

Haven't had time to bring it to Nokia. Are we really the only two people with this "won't power on" problem. I was hoping the new version would have some magical power management fix so I didn't have to take it to the Nokia repair (mail or out of the way shop in person).

Thanks for anyones input

Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
I read the threads about this in the forum (it was a 770 ... anyway), but none of the solutions helped me. Any suggestions?
All appenede after I tried to flashing the n800. Turned off and when I pushed "on" and "home", nothing happened (apart of the death ....) HELP
hey dude, try this...http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/t...displayLang=en download framework 2.0 service pack redistributable and install..then go to maemo.org and get the latest version of nokia internet tablet software for n800 .. then, after you're all set up.. plug in your usb to n800 and cut on the power holding the home button so the usb icon and nokia logo screen will stay.. then install the nokia software.. this helped me with mine, i couldn't get mine to cut on neither xP i hope this helps

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en this link should make it quicker if you can't find the right one to download on microsoft

Last edited by Chase0782; 2007-08-17 at 16:58.

http://europe.nokia.com/A4305010 or this if you want them both together on one webpage to get either or, just make sure you get the .net framework 2.0 before trying to install the nokia software..or else it'll just keep keep telling you to get framework and make you stop the installation

Last edited by Chase0782; 2007-08-17 at 17:00.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
I seem to be having this same problem now... had my N800 for about 2 days. I don't see how the fixes listed will work if the actual device refuses to turn on. Is it a bad idea to insert a memory card in the internal slot while the device is on? And I feel a little stupid because I can't figure out how to remove the battery so I can try a replacement or anything... please help!

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
Remove the battery by pulling it up from the side (the side closest to the edge).

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
ok, I removed the battery... but when I reinserted it and turned the system on, the screen went completely blue, then completely red... then turned back off..... what does that mean?

I'm expecting my N800 today and I have Framework ver 1.1 on my Windows 2000 machine (w/ service pack 4). Is this going to be an issue? Just trying to head trouble off at the pass.

Make sure the device is properly charged. When you try the reflashing, first unplug the charger cable (and keep the N800 off), plug in the USB cable, start the PC program, _then_ plug in the charger cable. Then you won't have to do the (sometimes tricky) key combination trick to turn it on: Pluggin in the charger cable will power on the N800 for you.

If the above doesnt work then it sounds like the unit is bad and you should look at getting it replaced/repaired.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2007-10-22 at 12:17.