This will be the looking of back.
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Coming soon page has been created.

There is hell lots of things to do for the campaign. Don't have enough time
Sorry to be asking that, but just to clarify:

- Are you planning on starting the campaign with only the mockups to show up or do you already have a prototype, contact with e.g. the keypad suppliers or anything palpable?

- Are you making all this (design, dealing with the campaign and production) alone?

- I understand you have won some kind of challenge, does that mean Lenovo will, in any way, help with the device production?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
Sorry to be asking that, but just to clarify:

- Are you planning on starting the campaign with only the mockups to show up or do you already have a prototype, contact with e.g. the keypad suppliers or anything palpable?

- Are you making all this (design, dealing with the campaign and production) alone?

- I understand you have won some kind of challenge, does that mean Lenovo will, in any way, help with the device production?
The prototype is under engineering. I have already broke 2 dev boards. We are getting there.

No I am partnering with a professional design and manufacturering company. They have partnership with Foxconn for all there devices, including this one. Will have professional quality control.

All your questions will hopefully be answered when the formal campaign launches

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
No I am partnering with a professional design and manufacturering company. They have partnership with Foxconn for all there devices, including this one. Will have professional quality control.
Nice! Now I'm seriously thinking about joining this boat

Good luck with the campaign!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Having a clear line and not listening to late Brainstorming too much is enough proof of competence for me.
Please Sir, put a price tag on it and take my money.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
Nice! Now I'm seriously thinking about joining this boat

Good luck with the campaign!
You will have detail info of all the players on the final campaign page. I'm playing this seriously.

Is the Motorola Z actually the right device for Sailfish?
I mean, as soon as Motorola drops support for the device or Qualcomm drops support for the chipset we're SOL regarding future sailfish/driver updates etc..
Aren't we?

Unless I missed the news of Qualcomm releasing its sources which would help us "bypass" all future problems regarding updates and driversupport, this will be a problem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NX500 View Post
Is the Motorola Z actually the right device for Sailfish?
I mean, as soon as Motorola drops support for the device or Qualcomm drops support for the chipset we're SOL regarding future sailfish/driver updates etc..
Aren't we?

Unless I missed the news of Qualcomm releasing its sources which would help us "bypass" all future problems regarding updates and driversupport, this will be a problem.
Yes and No.

Sailfish still works on an old kernel version so until that changes it should be fine for any future Sailfish updates.

Driver updates are of course at the mercy of Qualcomm and Motorola, but in general unless there is some kind of problem with the driver using an old version is fine.

Aside from that, the purpose of using the Motorola Z is because of the Moto Mods functionality, which saves Chen from having to create a whole device and allows him to focus on just the keyboard part of it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
I see..

Let's hope everything works out fine then.

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Aside from that, the purpose of using the Motorola Z is because of the Moto Mods functionality, which saves Chen from having to create a whole device and allows him to focus on just the keyboard part of it.
Thanks for that! Yes it is absolutely correct. Building a keyboard only is so much easier than a phone, given the current budget.

It also has a purpose of showing how much interest the market has. If this keyboard can drive a lot of attention, it will be easier and more confident for me to persuade manufacturer to design/produce a QWERTY device.

Tags
crowdfunding, hwkbd, tainted love