Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
If someone wants to continue ranting please ask why Nokia has missed to implement a tripod mounting socket into the bottom of the N900!

This API is just great. Lets see what the developers could make out of it.

Btw, is it possible to use the front facing camery with this API?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
After continued reading, the N900 just became a true point-and-click camera replacement on top of its tablet capabilities. That alone means one less gadget for me to carry around.
True - this "proof of concept" app alone has turned the N900 into a lomographer's wet dream come true, with endless possibilities still ahead of us.

Don't care about what others say - to me that WAS exciting news.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
New update for the camera drivers, the sad news is that it conflicts with kernel-power packages even if I'm using the default kernel (multiboot).

So can we edit the package out to make it not conflict? I don't want to lose overclocking abilities for a camera app..
If the source code's there then the package could easily be rebuilt without the conflict. Of course, it shouldn't be much more difficult to rebuild the modules for the power kernel instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
i heart fcamera

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Shame there's no aperture control (yet), otherwise, brilliant!.

Also RAWviewer doesn't seem to understand DNG and ufraw in Easy Debian doesn't seem happy with them either. Very strange...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I thought that DNG files were built into Photoshop CS5 and Adobe Lightroom 2.5 and higher?
Quite possibly, but Adobe are yet to release either a 64-bit or Win7 compatible version of their DNG codec - the latest version available is for Vist 32-bit only. Pretty poor really, although there are some non-free DNG codecs available but I'm really not that interested to have to pay for it, and certainly won't be buying CS5 just to get a DNG codec!

Since DNG is of little interest to me I would prefer that fcamera had an option to disable DNG output in favour of high quality JPG.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
New update for the camera drivers, the sad news is that it conflicts with kernel-power packages even if I'm using the default kernel (multiboot).

So can we edit the package out to make it not conflict? I don't want to lose overclocking abilities for a camera app..
I believe the FCam developers are looking into this conflict.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
Interesting, tried going to Ovi Store and it is telling me to upgrade my Maemo 5 version (I'm running PR1.2). But nothing so far in App Manager...
Happens to me too when my browser has something weird in the useragent string. Check about:config

any news for those with Titan's kernel?

One imagines we would need Titan himself to weigh in on a solution here.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed