Active Topics

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, TX
Seems like it _might_ be as easy as (in gscom.cpp)
Code:
//#define CVERSION "20100831"
#define CVERSION "20110722"
unfortunately I can't seem to pull it down from git to try it out...

The Following User Says Thank You to bmouring For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bmouring View Post
Seems like it _might_ be as easy as (in gscom.cpp)
Code:
//#define CVERSION "20100831"
#define CVERSION "20110722"
unfortunately I can't seem to pull it down from git to try it out...
what does that even mean ? :P

I pulled down the latest source from git a while back if you want me to email you a zip.

Naw, I was able to get it to pull down (just had to disable CA checks since the cert store that git houses is small/pitiful and they apparently have no desire to remedy that)

I just haven't been arsed to setup a maemo build environment, but I have made the changes in the pulled down code that I suspect will fix the issue

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bmouring For This Useful Post:
If you'd like, I can compile it on my pandora. Similar hardware and all. I've compiled the previous versions on it before. I can also look into setting up a maemo build environment as well.

EDIT: So you're thinking this is the client strings issue again right? How did you go about finding what the new string should be?

Last edited by edgex004; 2011-08-23 at 21:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgex004 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edgex004 View Post
---SNIP---
EDIT: So you're thinking this is the client strings issue again right? How did you go about finding what the new string should be?
The in-browser client and wireshark.

I have changed the string but now have come to the realization that there's no discernable build system in the files pulled from git, so I suppose I either have more reading to do (the maemo SDK stuff didn't really tell me what I needed to know) or get ahold of one of the devs to figure out what's up

The Following User Says Thank You to bmouring For This Useful Post:
I've not tried cross-compiling yet, but my onboard compile just takes removing all previously compiled *.o files, ensuring all dependencies are filled, then using 'make'.

EDIT: I've been playing around with wireshark. I've found grooveshark packets when using the browser app and can identify individual song downloads. Still not sure how to find the correct client version string, but I need to read into it more.

I'm installing the virtualbox of the maemo sdk and will attempt to build one of the older versions. I'll probably try building for ubuntu as well just to test. I'll let you know when I at least get it to compile on something other than my pandora.

Last edited by edgex004; 2011-08-25 at 19:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgex004 For This Useful Post:
I realized that groove uses qmake, which I hadn't used before (hence my previous comment), but now I'm wrestling with tring to get the needed dep libs installed in my scratchbox without much success (but also not much effort put in either), will keep you guys posted

Originally Posted by edgex004 View Post
---SNIP---Still not sure how to find the correct client version string, but I need to read into it more.---SNIP---
Look for the JSON-formatted HTML content and you'll see it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmouring For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bmouring View Post
Look for the JSON-formatted HTML content and you'll see it
Thats the one! Thank you I finally was able to find it. I'll modify my pandora build and see how it fares. I'll also try to build it in ubuntu tonight if I can.

The full blown maemo sdk virtualbox is giving me trouble, so I'm switching to just scratchbox 2 tomorrow. I'm not sure how to resolve the dependencies in a cross-compile, but I'll bet there are some docs I can read to try and help work it out.