Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Wont happen until 2013... Elop plans to hurt Nokia even more before he sells Nokia to M$.

My guess is Microsoft cant buy Nokia yet cause of more patents need to be sold to "third party"
It may happen this year itself.. I donno how Elop can screw up nokia even more

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Will Nokia be allowed to start the development of a new OS before the Microsoft-Nokia contract is up? When the contract eventually ends the possibility of it not getting renewed has to be considered. I'm hoping Microsoft understands and gives Nokia the space to develop their own mid-range/high-end smartphone OS. I don't know if asking to be allowed to start development at the halfway point of the five year contract is too much to ask, yet they should at least be allowed to start when there are 12-18 months left.
Wont happen.. this will end with MS gobbling up Nokia

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by TimusEravan View Post
It may happen this year itself.. I donno how Elop can screw up nokia even more
1. Fire more people
2. Make sure S40 fails
3. Sell out more patents to lower price for company even more.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
While I was in the market for a Nokia Pureview 808 to compliment the N900 I find it sad to discover Nokia succeeded in making the purchase of the probably last Symbian flagship an act of low ethics and moral values.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
What Elop is doing is what the shareholders want him to do and that is scaling down a company to fit in with whoever takes them over and as we all know in this case it is Microsoft.
That doesn't make any sense if you are speaking for the broad number of shareholders. If you are speaking of a small group, that is able to steer a publically traded company like Nokia (a very small minority owner can run a big company like Nokia, if all the other owners are dispersed widely), that is still iffy.

Why would you want a CEO to come and scale down your company by saying your existing products suck, so you're going to stop selling them. Only to replace them by introducting new products that will not sell in the first place, and in the second place will not be available on the market for nearly another year.

I think more of what's happening there is that they hired the goon as a CEO, and are ever since driving themselves harder and harder into a spiral of "our WP strategy is not working because we haven't been committed enough" mentality, which will only end with a total unintended (but foreseeable) collapse of Nokia.

RIP. My N900 was the last of many Nokia devices I bought. It's Android, or Tizen, now baby.

Last edited by olighak; 2012-06-17 at 16:13.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
So the Nokia 808 PureView is the last device from Nokia with QT?

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
are ever since driving themselves harder and harder into a spiral of "our WP strategy is not working because we haven't been committed enough" mentality, which will only end with a total unintended (but foreseeable) collapse of Nokia.
This sums up the Elop years very well

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
So the Nokia 808 PureView is the last device from Nokia with QT?
Probadly YES

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by caa View Post
Originally Posted by AllThingsDigital
sources tell AllThingsD that the project has been shelved, though elements of it may live on in other efforts.
Ummm, where did I hear that before... Oh, yes...

Originally Posted by Stephen Flop
We’ll ask that team to change their focus onto future devices, future platforms and then take those lessons learned and transfer them to future disruption in the mobile ecosystem.
And some more:

Originally Posted by Jussi Makinen
... the innovations in design, UI, and the Qt developer experience in Nokia N9 will live on in a variety of ways in Nokia.
And even more close to that BS above:

Originally Posted by Rich Green
We are going to take many of the components, or rather we're going to evaluate the components of MeeGo, vis-à-vis the future program. We're heading towards, sort of, a next disruptive work, that my organization is going to be working on, and certainly MeeGo technologies are going to be the input into that.
(Watch some more of the shameless lying @ HERE)

Yeah, heard that song played far too many times to believe any of it... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me eight or more times...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
While I was in the market for a Nokia Pureview 808 to compliment the N900 I find it sad to discover Nokia succeeded in making the purchase of the probably last Symbian flagship an act of low ethics and moral values.
What do you mean by this?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories