Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Stop whining! This nonsense mobile version thing was invented for incapable devices so don't blame the site if the browser you are using is a POS... I use TMO daily on Firefox for Android with UA expressly set to desktop and it works well so stop spreading untruths of it being a PITA.
Heres another who hates (almost) every mobile site. Many times slow to browse and less stuff.
I browse TMO daily with Opera tablet on N9 and I prefer N9 over desktop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pir View Post
Hi All! Received my Jolla today. Looking very good. Nice work. A lot has to be done, but that was expected.

I am looking forward to the updates (importing contacts (dav) seems te be impossible atm . For me at least. ).

Quick question: do you use android whatsapp? Or an other client? What works best? I'd like to go native .
Android whatsapp is good enough. You get notifications also, though not integrated to led-system. Videos are not working, but basic stuff does work brilliantly.

Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Android whatsapp is good enough. You get notifications also, though not integrated to led-system. Videos are not working, but basic stuff does work brilliantly.
cool cool cool.

Now I have to find a way to import my contacts.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Nokius ‏@Nokius 19m
Looks to me like more Accounts will be there in future #Jolla #SailfishOS

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Heres another who hates (almost) every mobile site. Many times slow to browse and less stuff.
I browse TMO daily with Opera tablet on N9 and I prefer N9 over desktop.
Count another hater of mobile web sites.

Just as we started to mobe beyond the Web 1.0 640x480 website resolution standard on our 24" screens they needed Mobile web sites (for iPhone).

Only exception of a mobile website I do use is Zoho.com -> their mobile web site is really good so I could do without whining for a mobile email client on N900.

(but the availability of their mobile website gave Zoho the excuse to make their desktop website more bloated to the point browsing full XLS files like before on the N900 became too much a pain)

So far on Sailfish the Firefox browser on virtual Android is the only cure against the plague of mobile web sites.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Stop whining! This nonsense mobile version thing was invented for incapable devices so don't blame the site if the browser you are using is a POS... I use TMO daily on Firefox for Android with UA expressly set to desktop and it works well so stop spreading untruths of it being a PITA.
Oh cmon wakeup! First of the browser in sailfishos IS using gecko. So don't come with garbage about it works better on X/Y browser when facts stand that resoultion IS an issue on mobile phones. And about whining: If someone whines its those people who want even bigger resiolution means even more unreadable content on 4.5" screen.

And about 'desktop based websites works nice on a mobile phone' mm yeah right? Maybe for a teenage geeks who thinks (ohh look my phone is soo cool I can show whatever site on my phone blablabla) even if its not readable for people over 20 years old... But definitivly not good for anyones eyes. You know your eyes getting less good for every year... and the more looking at those mobiles phones this days I am sure our eyes getting even worse faster with all this hiresolution hype going on..

So stop blame me for whining when I tell facts!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-17 at 21:06.

There's a difference between wanting mobile sites and appreciating a (full) webpage that has been developed with the mobile user experience in mind. Just saying.

The Following User Says Thank You to NanderK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
All I expect as an "early investor" is a public, properly cared for, bug tracker.

The Following User Says Thank You to lkravovicz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
All I expect as an "early investor" is a public, properly cared for, bug tracker.
You should check the Android compatibility app comments on Jolla Shop. Pretty much the least organized bug tracker possible.

Also a really good way to learn finnish words describing despair, destruction and dissapointment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Count another hater of mobile web sites.

Just as we started to mobe beyond the Web 1.0 640x480 website resolution standard on our 24" screens they needed Mobile web sites (for iPhone).

Only exception of a mobile website I do use is Zoho.com -> their mobile web site is really good so I could do without whining for a mobile email client on N900.

(but the availability of their mobile website gave Zoho the excuse to make their desktop website more bloated to the point browsing full XLS files like before on the N900 became too much a pain)

So far on Sailfish the Firefox browser on virtual Android is the only cure against the plague of mobile web sites.
About mobile site: I am not saying shall "replace" what TMO has today but atleast make it better.

Get rid of the left area its just to much info shown in you have to click alot to zoom and so on.

Also try click all those small buttons on TMO like "thanks" or "next" and so on. Now that could be better.

This is NOT to rant at the webadmins and a definitivly not better webdesigner(probadly worse) but continue bury our heads in the sand is just plain wrong. Fact is facts. TMO has never been good for any mobile except maybe N900 with resistive screen and a pen.

Btw. I just wonder how many who actually has tried to POST a message in Jolla phone and edit the trext moving the cursor? It was bad on N9 but even worse now.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-17 at 21:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience