Notices

Originally Posted by dammie View Post
More people downloaded the files without the setupmaemo.deb??

Im pretty sure i bought Sygic for Maemo.

I have received the maemo install file by email from a user, but this file only wont fix the problem

Sygic wont react on support mail.....yet....
Hi, just bought the software, installed (copied the folders) but can't find the SetupMobileMaps.deb, seems as it was not part of the install package from Sygic. I'm sure I selected Maemo as platform.

Did you get any help from Sygic?

I dropped them an email yesterday -still waiting for a response.

//Alex

Hey Gents -

Looks like I am in the same boat as Alex - purchased last night, chose N900 and setup mobile maps dot deb is nowhere to be found in the download - the installers for other platforms are there. I did the 1.2 update OTA the day I got the phone.

After some digging around I got Mobile Maps 9 from the repository and installed it, and it crashes upon launch.

I really don't want to re-flash (new enough to think that would kill a day) if I can avoid it.

I did move Res, Drive and Maps into the documents folder and I am turning the phone off and then back on now to see if that move along with the repository install of 9 will work. Nope still crashes on launch (Net Loc on and off)

I don't have a Maemo folder anywhere in my N900 that I can see, so I am left with the suspicion that the purchase I made last night was for all the OS option EXCEPT Maemo.

I suppose I could just make one Maemo folder to put stuff in, but I don't know what would go in it or where it would go.

Looking at the various comments it sounds like I won't be hearing from Sygic anytime soon.

Does anyone know if there is a Maemo specific version of the installer?

If there is would anyone know how I could get my hands on it? I have my activation number in the email they sent (which has the .zip file back up if I am having trouble (that also has no reference to Maemo in it). Maybe just a US setup.ini file I could put somewhere (I can't find one on my N900 with the file browser, but will keep looking).

I suppose there may not be a Maemo specific version as it is a full Linux OS...

This is frustrating - Sygic advertises that they are Maemo savvy and they seem to be anything but. I can dig that I am not Maemo savvy, I just don't bill 49 euros or what ever the heck it is I paid.

Anyway - can any one help me figure out what to do to get this running.

Sorry to vent, very nice to meet you all.

Standing by here,

Christian

Originally Posted by growninc View Post
Hey Gents -

Looks like I am in the same boat as Alex - purchased last night, chose N900 and setup mobile maps dot deb is nowhere to be found in the download - the installers for other platforms are there. I did the 1.2 update OTA the day I got the phone.

After some digging around I got Mobile Maps 9 from the repository and installed it, and it crashes upon launch.

I really don't want to re-flash (new enough to think that would kill a day) if I can avoid it.

I did move Res, Drive and Maps into the documents folder and I am turning the phone off and then back on now to see if that move along with the repository install of 9 will work. Nope still crashes on launch (Net Loc on and off)

I don't have a Maemo folder anywhere in my N900 that I can see, so I am left with the suspicion that the purchase I made last night was for all the OS option EXCEPT Maemo.

I suppose I could just make one Maemo folder to put stuff in, but I don't know what would go in it or where it would go.

Looking at the various comments it sounds like I won't be hearing from Sygic anytime soon.

Does anyone know if there is a Maemo specific version of the installer?

If there is would anyone know how I could get my hands on it? I have my activation number in the email they sent (which has the .zip file back up if I am having trouble (that also has no reference to Maemo in it). Maybe just a US setup.ini file I could put somewhere (I can't find one on my N900 with the file browser, but will keep looking).

I suppose there may not be a Maemo specific version as it is a full Linux OS...

This is frustrating - Sygic advertises that they are Maemo savvy and they seem to be anything but. I can dig that I am not Maemo savvy, I just don't bill 49 euros or what ever the heck it is I paid.

Standing by here,

Christian

I am having the same problem..

if anyone has a solution please reply

Originally Posted by h_miguel_castro View Post
Hello to all!! i need your help!!!

I´ve download the program , and i put all the files like the tuturial (in the n900 root) and install the .deb file, them restart the phone .
But when i try to start the program after 1 or 2 secons it closes....... i have already reinstaled once again and again.... every times it closes when i try onpen it.... Anyone can help me ... Please!!
Hey I am having the same problem man..did you get to solve it?

Thanks

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Go to http://hkn.it/sygic/

A deb file that works and setup packages containing fully working debs and maps are all there.

Enjoy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
this by far is the SHITTIEST program i have found so far for the N900!! i have contacted Sygic about issues that i have had with regard to simply finding addresses. for example, I was looking for an address in the Bronx, NYC recently and the street i entered (which is a MAJOR thoroughfare) could not be found my sygic. i emailed them and the workaround was for me to have selected the NYC metro option for the city as opposed to the Bronx as the city..... this very same issue happened 3 other times and the again today in the state of Florida where the number of the building i was looking up simply did not appear in the software.

If you think you will be able to count on this horrendous excuse for gps, then think again. when you need it the most it will not bail you out. use it only when you have a vague familiarity of the area in which you are driving otherwise you might find yourself seriously lost.

the only thing according to the person with whom i have been communicating at sygic is that many of these issues will supposedly worked out when version 10 is released.... he would not give me an eta on the release though so i wait. as pissed off as ever

Hi Folks -

Olighak: You rock mate. I will try the dot deb today while pretending to work at work.

For the record SMM9 is on my phone which I got from the repo, but the files I was linked to in my thankyou/activation email are titled

SetupSMM10_NorthAmerica.exe

-and-

SetupSMM10_NorthAmerica.zip

anyone else noting the number 10 in there? On my deck they show Tuesday April 16th as the creation date.

Anyway so far I have no success to back channel. I am going to uninstall everything and start over. I just load 1 language and 1 state (CA) on to save space and time.

The boss will be getting a second rate day from me today. As now I am obsessed with this.

I read all 22 pages in this thread last night, man we are all lucky to have those of you who read our scribes and offer help.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I cannot wait to edit the frame per second value in my settings dot ini - I am going lucky 24...

Standing by here,

Christian

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Go to http://hkn.it/sygic/

A deb file that works and setup packages containing fully working debs and maps are all there.

Enjoy.
Thanks so much!

Hi Folks -

OK so I erased all the components on the phone that set up from my download installed, and used app mgr to remove SMM9. Then I installed the exe from the linked file (again much thanks) and presto the dot deb file did land on my n900.

Once the dot deb was done the app updated ota right away.

Once the app updated SMM9 the most recent version appeared.

One tap brought a quick and responsive app launch.

Then I typed in my activation code and was told that it would not work because it was for version 10!!

This morning I have 2 emails from Sygic though!! 2!! They have reversed the charge for my last purchase - it turns out that despite choosing the nokia n900 I was sent the download link for the NON-MAEMO version.

So, as I type this I am back to purchasing the MAEMO version - the email I got does specify maemo this time, so I am mid download and will once again start from scratch and let you know what takes place.

I can't thank you all enough for your help!

standing by here,

christian

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by growninc View Post

Standing by here,

Christian
When I installed the maps it did not work at first.
The solution is to put the Res, Maps and Drive folders into the N900 folder. When you go to file manager you will see directory for N900 and your memory card.
Just put the Res, Maps and Drive directly in the N900 directory and not any sub directory of the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to pthomas22 For This Useful Post: