Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Thanks for this, I haven't thought of N900 on Facebook.
It's good that I only have about 30 friends I talk to on Facebook and about two groups.
I couldn't stand constant spam and non relevant information and posts..

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
princefakhan,

I think it's great that you are so enthusiast about spreading the word about maemo/n900 to other platforms. However I have to agreed with some of what other have said about choosing not being on social networks. Which like you mention, you may been focusing on the folk who are on it.

I'd like to add though, my observations on the Facebook effect from other forums I've participated on. I found that over time Facebook became detrimental to the forum in question. Because of it convenience people slowly stop posting the latest news or important info on the forums. And soon the forum became a hollowed shell of it former self. This I believe would be a huge blow to TMO/maemo/mobile linux development and idea sharing.

Lately I don't pretend to speak for anyone except myself, but it does seem silly to help support a corporate proprietary system of communication, who's privacy ethic are constantly call into question .... when folk here have spent time, energy and resources maintaining this site after nokia released it to us users.

So please don't take this as attack on what I see as you being excited to grow the maemo base on Facebook, it more of we have to be careful not to give control over our voice to corporation who WILL NOT have our best interest at heart.

Thanks, and thanks to all that continue to use and support this forum!!

x

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
While what you say may be true, but as you have observed I only suggest that folks who are on Facebook and are interested in joining a group, join this one.

Also, while you may believe it can cause harm to TMO, folks there on the group normally post what they have seen here on TMO and just want to spread the word about it or are asking for help when they run into problems and are ultimately redirected to TMO.

And so I believe, the group is helping our cause rather than causing it harm.

Thanks. And Long Live N900/Maemo!

The Following User Says Thank You to princefakhan For This Useful Post: