Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
You need to provide a dump as instructed by pali it will help more to discover things. thanx fox pictures :-)

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
hey, is that an equalizer visualization in the right bottom corner of the media player?

i also like the desktop images

+1 for the dump

ot: with all that pictures, viewing the page 2 of this thread from the N900 it freeze the device and i have to kill the browser process

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
You need to provide a dump as instructed by pali it will help more to discover things. thanx fox pictures :-)
For the dump, i need to connect the n900 to the pc or directly in n900? with his application.

I have here only windows seven.

can you explain me step by step please? to have an image.

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
hey, is that an equalizer visualization in the right bottom corner of the media player?

i also like the desktop images

+1 for the dump

ot: with all that pictures, viewing the page 2 of this thread from the N900 it freeze the device and i have to kill the browser process
yes it's an equalizer to access to the music.

Originally Posted by n950 View Post
For the dump, i need to connect the n900 to the pc or directly in n900? with his application.

I have here only windows seven.

can you explain me step by step please? to have an image.
Download 0xFFFF-0.6.tar.gz from that thread. Unpack it (e.g. in total commander). Then connect n900 in mass storage mode and copy unpacked file src/0xFFFF-arm to top level directory.

After that disconnect phone from computer, open xterm. Move copied binary to home folder, make it executable. After that become root and create dump:

$ mv MyDocs/0xFFFF-arm 0xFFFF
$ chmod +x 0xFFFF
$ sudo gainroot

After that you should see:

Root shell enabled

If not stop here! Post of all commands to this thread and we could help you.

If everything is OK, you are root, than continue:

# cd /home/user
# ./0xFFFF -E MyDocs/dump.fiasco

When program finish (it can take about 20 minutes!!) close everything and connect phone via mass storage mode. Than you should see file dump.fiasco and this is what we want :-)

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
[OT]So I am not the only one! But my device does not freeze:
it does a nice reboot!
And this is not the first time but always on pages with that huge amount of picture MBs.
So now we are two (I am on PR1.3.1 non-CSSU, kp52).
Anyone else? So we might start a new thread about it? Or, as pali is actively reading , any idea how to solve that?[/OT]

--edit
This page here makes problems (as some other I do not remember too). But this and that do show without problems!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-06-19 at 21:24.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
i dont think the n900 could render anymore pages of this kind sure proxy browsers like operamini can handle with ease here firefox with 1gig ram on ubuntu ate 290 mb swap and cpu sky high fans guzzling on my 1.6ghz netbook?? Sure unity would get the bashing and kde on opensuse was good just 70mb swap with music and gazzilion tabs open i dont have widows anymore dont know what perfomance it could provide

Last edited by nokiabot; 2014-06-19 at 12:28.

I have the same. killall browserd helps. Look at memory usage:
Attached Images

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yeah, checked also with conky while letting browser load the page in background. It took some time but then swap usage increased up to around 700MB. And BANG (reboot)!
Possibly our little device cannot handle more than 768 MB of actively used swap?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

how about installing backupmenu and make a backup of everything? the charging ''thing'' it's using o different nolo version?
CSSU-T latest version

Tags
nokia n900, prototype