This is bad news.

If I had to choose a product between Apple and HTC, Apple would win over its superior hardware styling, superb software implementation and general wow factor .... but this makes it clear Apple is an EVIL company.

HTC seems likely to lose this battle, because they didn't get licensing for 2 very vague patents, which is absurd.

I hope one day (soon) the sleeping giant, Google, rises and topples Apple around HARD so that the damage they cause will be reverted to them, teaching them a lesson about the circle of life and karma.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
after use nitdroid umay, I have a problem with kernel power 47.. I can't reinstall kernel power & now I can't overclock my n900 bcause etc/init.d/avahi-daemon broken symlink...!!
anybody can help me ? please...

Last edited by dannu; 2011-07-17 at 05:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by dannu View Post
after use nitdroid umay, I have a problem with kernel power 47.. I can't reinstall kernel power & now I can't overclock my n900 bcause etc/init.d/avahi-daemon broken symlink...!!
anybody can help me ? please...
You're in the wrong thread. This is an Android thread, I don't think many of us are going to know anything about nitdroid (which is loosely BASED on Android made to work on an N900). If you seek out an N900 nitdroid thread, you'll probably have better luck finding answers. Sorry.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/a...-trouble/13714

AHAHHHAHAHAHAH!!!

Software patents and patents in general are out of hand...
This is ridiculous.
When can we finally admit that software patents make about as much sense as patenting stories and books? There is now AMPLE evidence that patents are being used to HINDER innovation, now--which was the original INTENT for patents, copyrights and trademarks in the first place. This is frustrating, infuriating, illogical and completely counterproductive. It's, in fact, harmful to the livelihood of people who simply want to invent, produce and compete. There will be MANY jobs lost over this at a time when jobs are absolutely CRITICAL to maintain economies all around the world. Freaking appalling.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
FYI: I think I might pull a Cap'n here. I'm finding that most of my time spent on TMO has been mainly spent arguing unconvincingly to a group of people/developers/fanbois who are stagnating. Maemo has been relegated to an orphaned status now, The N9 is hardly a competitive or relevant device for ANYONE in either Maemo or MeeGo camps, MeeGo isn't really the point of this forum, and Maemo development has generally stagnated or at best gone into a sharp downward useless/pointless trend compared to just about anything else. So, I think I'll be selling away my N800 for spare change and participating here far, far less.

I want to thank everyone here in this thread--by far the best thread around here for a long time now--you guys have been GREAT to talk to and I hope I can still talk to many of you here or elsewhere whenever I can. Since the folks here in this thread are likely to be Android interested, I hope to see you around the XDA forums or at the Droid Fans Facebook (and now Google+) feeds.

Hopefully, someday, MeeGo can finally be taken seriously and I can revisit many of you over at MeeGo.org again on a regular basis.

Take care and be well!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
FYI: I think I might pull a Cap'n here. I'm finding that most of my time spent on TMO has been mainly spent arguing unconvincingly to a group of people/developers/fanbois who are stagnating. Maemo has been relegated to an orphaned status now, The N9 is hardly a competitive or relevant device for ANYONE in either Maemo or MeeGo camps, MeeGo isn't really the point of this forum, and Maemo development has generally stagnated or at best gone into a sharp downward useless/pointless trend compared to just about anything else. So, I think I'll be selling away my N800 for spare change and participating here far, far less.

I want to thank everyone here in this thread--by far the best thread around here for a long time now--you guys have been GREAT to talk to and I hope I can still talk to many of you here or elsewhere whenever I can. Since the folks here in this thread are likely to be Android interested, I hope to see you around the XDA forums or at the Droid Fans Facebook (and now Google+) feeds.

Hopefully, someday, MeeGo can finally be taken seriously and I can revisit many of you over at MeeGo.org again on a regular basis.

Take care and be well!!
Yah Maemo/MeeGo have gone down the drain. I wonder why did it take so god damn long for Nokia to launch a MeeGo I mean really it isn't that hard for such a gigantic corporation. Maemo and MeeGo are like many other Nokia products amazing with such unused and untapped potential, in fact Nokia in general seems like that. Nokia has become generic and unwilling to innovate or take risks. The reason for this is probably because they are afraid to pull another N-Gage and lose tons of money off of a failed project. Sigh rest in peace Symbian, Maemo, MeeGo, Qtopia, N-Gage, and the all the other things Nokia was too lazy to push. Rest in peace Nokia sadfae.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7.../?tag=mncol;5n
http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/20/l...ands-on-video/
Lenovo has just unveiled two Android tablet one is a generic tablet 10.1inch tablet based on ideapad notebook line, while the other is based upon the legendary thinkpad line. The thinkpad based product is 50 dollars more expensive than the ideapad one. The thinkpad tablet also offers a optional stylus very much like the HTC Flyer and includes special applications for using the stylus, the digitizer like the one in the HTC flyer is based upon N-Trig tech. Also the Thinkpad tablet is 500 dollars which is the same price as an HTC Flyer and offers the Thinkpad qualities and reliability. IMO if the Flyer wants to remain competitive lower the price to 400 dollars and release the 10 inch puccini soon for 500 dollars. Also the Thinkpad has optional keyboard portfolio which offers a Thinkpad style keyboard and touchable do instead of a Trackpoint.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
FYI: I think I might pull a Cap'n here.
Well that is bad news, all good things come to end I guess.

My thanks to @danramos and @capt'n corrupt for their contributions to one of the best threads ever.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
I'll keep mostly reading updates to this thread and following Maemo/Meego evolution.

Any of you in Facebook or Google+ ?
I have invites for Google+ if any of you wants in, and I am starting to invite all my friends there too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@H3llb0und

Google+ invite!?! Please!

Thanks
Sno

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy