Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Imagine a N900 sized E91 with the slimness of RAZR, with touch qwerty stylee, finished in metal and glass
I realize this is a little bigger than a RAZR. It's already over a year old, but read the ridiculous specs below. It's devices like this that make me think anything is possible.

Hitachi Mobile Hi-Vision CAM Wooo from KDDI au

Records video in 720p and at 30fps, and also features microSDHC/HDMI Mini interfaces and a 3-inch IPS screen (480×854).

Here's an article.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I realize this is a little bigger than a RAZR. It's already over a year old, but read the ridiculous specs below. It's devices like this that make me think anything is possible.
Anything is possible if you're willing to commit the resources to it. The Japanese use cellphones to an extent unparalleled in the US and Europe, displacing most computers. If you look here, you'll see Toshiba was shipping phones in Japan a year ago with screens similar to what Apple is using in the iPhone 4 as well.

The downside is that carriers over there are worse than Verizon ever was, and the software is just a touch above feature-phone level. A good number run Symbian, but hide all the Symbian-ness behind a custom layer.

The market over there is so vicious (6-month product cycle, ~18 month end-user refresh, and low unit counts) it's no surprise that Nokia doesn't really participate (the Korean and Western brands only participate to a very limited extent.)

Last edited by wmarone; 2010-07-07 at 02:16.