Active Topics

Hello everybody!!

I'm from Spain and here haven't arrived the WiMax Edition and I think that it will never arrived. So, finally, I've decided to buy the n810 but I saw, in screenshots, that the GPS software for WiMax Edition looks better than for the normal one. Is it true? If don't, can I install that software in the n810? Is the rest of software compatible?

Thanks,
Leto

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by leto_ii View Post
...the GPS software for WiMax Edition looks better than for the normal one. Is it true? If don't, can I install that software in the n810? Is the rest of software compatible?
Both the N810 and the N810 WiMAX Edition come with the same GPS software. That software received a few minor updates between the release of the N810 and the release of the N810 WiMAX Edition, so if you're comparing release day screenshots of the two devices, you may see subtle differences. However, all of the GPS software updates are free downloads available to any N800, N810, or N810 WiMAX Edition, so all N8x0 tablets have the same Map program available to them.

Aside from the WiMAX hardware and the color scheme of the case, there's very little difference between the N810 WiMAX Edition and the N810, and nothing that affects what software can run on each. Both devices run the same library of software.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
While it is true in general and broad terms, it might be not quite true, the WE devices have a new device ID so the older software which checks for device ID but doesn't know about the existence of the WE might not work properly.
The current build of maemo mplayer for example is not WE-aware and I needed a special build (or a hack) to make it work properly with Knots.

Originally Posted by stangri View Post
While it is true in general and broad terms, it might be not quite true, the WE devices have a new device ID so the older software which checks for device ID but doesn't know about the existence of the WE might not work properly.
The current build of maemo mplayer for example is not WE-aware and I needed a special build (or a hack) to make it work properly with Knots.
Looking for a good media player that works with the Wi-Max edition N810 Rx-48. Have tried canola, diga@scene, ect. in the past, the apps run but nothing is able to play. Suggestion?

Tags
n810, software compatible, wimax