I installed MaemoWordPy 0.6.1-1. It seems to load OK, though I haven't tested a blog post yet. I want to upload to flickr so I pressed the flickr authorize button. I got:

Flickr error:
Message: Error 112: Method "flickr.getTokenPartOne" not found.

No error message if I run from a terminal.

I maybe didn't install it the correct way: I used red-pill mode to install Python and several libraries and then WordPy - which may be the source of this problem. But all the dependencies seem to be met and I've looked at all the installable bits of python and none seems relevant. I do have python-flickrapi

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveRo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
I installed MaemoWordPy 0.6.1-1. It seems to load OK, though I haven't tested a blog post yet. I want to upload to flickr so I pressed the flickr authorize button. I got:

Flickr error:
Message: Error 112: Method "flickr.getTokenPartOne" not found.

No error message if I run from a terminal.

I maybe didn't install it the correct way: I used red-pill mode to install Python and several libraries and then WordPy - which may be the source of this problem. But all the dependencies seem to be met and I've looked at all the installable bits of python and none seems relevant. I do have python-flickrapi
Yes, there is a problem with the 0.6.1 and previous versions. They are written with support for python-flickrapi 0.15. Actually in the repository there is python-flickrapi 1.1, and some functions have changed.
I had thought release the final version of maemo wordpy 1.0 sooner, but I am having less time to code I would like.

You have three options (or more):
1) Install the 1.0 alpha version from the extras-devel repository (remember disable this repo after of the installation). This version has support for multiple uploads.
2) Wait two-three weeks until maemo wordpy 1.0 is completely stable, and I upload it to the extras repository.
3) If you need it only to upload to flickr, search for some other application that can upload to flickr.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Yes, there is a problem with the 0.6.1 and previous versions. They are written with support for python-flickrapi 0.15. Actually in the repository there is python-flickrapi 1.1, ...
Thanks. I'll wait for version 1.

At least I learnt a lot about installing apps ;-)

Any update on this, Daniel?
(I just checked for updates on the Nokia.)
Dave

Yeah, sorry for the delay.
I was busier than I thought on the last months of the year and also some bug in maemo wordpy that was more difficult to fix.

At the moment, I need write a small help text that will go in the application to be able to release it to the stable repository.

Hopefully this weekend or even before.

I updated to Version 1.0 and it now works fine.

For the record: the update failed - it needed python2.5-gtk2(>=2.12.1-1osso4) and I had python2.5-gtk2(2.12.1-1osso3). I remember this was a problem when I installed the previous version but I don't know how I got round it. To cut a long story (2 days) short, I upgraded to the latest diablo and that fixed it. (It broke lots of of other things - like mobile phone PPP - but that's another story.)

I just tested it with Wordpress and Flickr:
http://yachtvigdis.wordpress.com/

The only thing I couldn't find was how to set the wordpress 'category' - is it there somewhere? Maybe I have to change to using tags.

So many thanks, Daniel. A great application. I hope to use this to maintain my blog on battery power when I resume sailing.

Dave

Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
I updated to Version 1.0 and it now works fine.
Cool.

For the record: the update failed - it needed python2.5-gtk2(>=2.12.1-1osso4) and I had python2.5-gtk2(2.12.1-1osso3). I remember this was a problem when I installed the previous version but I don't know how I got round it. To cut a long story (2 days) short, I upgraded to the latest diablo and that fixed it. (It broke lots of of other things - like mobile phone PPP - but that's another story.)
Yes, I have it forced to use the osso4 version of the python2.5-gtk2 because the osso3 has some important bug. Perhaps it's built against the libraries in the last diablo version, and because it, it isn't installable.

The only thing I couldn't find was how to set the wordpress 'category' - is it there somewhere? Maybe I have to change to using tags.
When you press the "Add Tags" button in the toolbar, it has two buttons Tags and Categories. You can use both too.

So many thanks, Daniel. A great application. I hope to use this to maintain my blog on battery power when I resume sailing.
Thanks. I'm glad it is useful to people.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Thanks for Wordpy. I just tried it and liked it. I used it to retrieve my Blogger posts and to edit one them. All worked very smoothly.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Last edited by fragos; 2009-06-22 at 16:45.

I'm just back from Greece where I usually connected to the internet via a Greek mobile phone. I found that WordPy wouldn't work with flickr. (I don't remember whether I tried it with wordpress - I think I did and that didn't work either.) It worked fine on wifi connections. This was before the latest update - I was using 1.0 beta4.

I suspect that the reason was that the phone connection was via a proxy server which only allowed http(s) protocol - POP email wouldn't work for example.

Was that the likely reason? Does WordPy use some other protocol? If so is there any way that it could optionally use http to interface with WordPress and Flickr?

I was also using privoxy to filter the connection; it's possible that caused the problem.

Dave