Improvement? 2 dedicated buttons for skipping/pausing Mp3 player quickly, also for gaming. Dpad for general use/gaming. Ive always thought this would be the perfect form factor - a playoff between touchscreen and physical buttons.

What do you think? n900i

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Sarajevo, Bosnia
I think that would be ugly.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Not a bad idea. I like it. I mean the idea not the photo

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
OH NOES, THE HUMANITY, THE... GAAAAAAAH!!!
MY EYEEEEEES... AHHHHH!!!

(seriously, dpad would be cool for gaming)

Industry trend -> no buttons at all, or one button. Thanks Apple

People's desire -> hard buttons for common functions/things you need to do without looking

Result?

Much Sadness.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post

Improvement? 2 dedicated buttons for skipping/pausing Mp3 player quickly, also for gaming. Dpad for general use/gaming. Ive always thought this would be the perfect form factor - a playoff between touchscreen and physical buttons.

What do you think? n900i
I have good one and qiuet simple one:

Take off the back cover an get rid off the stand, is usseless anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

needs a 12mp camera

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
If they do put a D pad, i think they should have it where the up down left right would be. And the music buttons can be placed on the side of the phone, probably near the volume rocker, or opposite side.

I want a more spaced out keyboard, that's for sure. I think I gotten use to the 3 rows and space bar pushed to the right. The keyboard just feels too crammed. Maybe they can make it more like the n97's keyboard. Last thing about the keyboard, IF they do make 3 rows of keys again, i rather have al the numbers in the center like a dial pad, cause it's pretty hard to press fn + 1,2,3,4, or 5. I rather have it all near the center so the right thumb can push them more easily

I'd like to see snapdragon cpu (or faster), and 512 mb ram + 512 mb rom on the next maemo phone though.

As for capacitive touch, that'd be great, but i'm 100% fine with resistive, as long as it works just as good or better than the n900. maybe a larger screen would be good, to take advantage of the high resolution.

Everything thing else in the phone is already great. This phone pretty much already had it all, IR, FM transmitter, 5mp camera, just up to developers, software maker, and community to come up with ideas of what to do with them. This is a great phone.

Last edited by RogerTHAcctant; 2010-01-21 at 18:06.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
needs a 12mp camera
Wait for the event Nokia got in 26th this month.... thought it will most probally be using Symbian Foundation OS

Agree that it needs more hw buttons. Most of all a dpad.

if that would come? thats it im getting nexus one! or nexus two... hate when i get new phone then *boom* better version of it