Notices

Hi,
I`m trying to set the GPS-locationin maemo mapper by hand out of a self written java-application. So far I connected a Nokia N 770 with a Nokia N 810 per WLAN (Ad-hoc) and wrote a tool that listens to the DBUS on the 810 for the Location (lon & lat) and sends them in periodic times to another self made tool on the Nokia 770.

How is it possible now, to make Maemo Mapper on the Nokia 770 think, that the actual position is the one, that I recieve with my tool?

until now, I tried this to change the shown part of the map:

dbus-send --system /com/gnuite/maemo_mapper com.gnuite.maemo_mapper.set_view_center double:15.7382 double:107.7 int32:4 double:0.0

but it doesn`t work. And if it worked, it wouldn`t be the thing I want...

Does someone have an idea, how to make this possible?

Thanks, Riderman

Maemo mapper uses gpsd, which has a command interface on port 2947. My own minigpsd emulates it but osso-gpsd in the maemo archives is what is on the tablet, and other variants of gpsd exist.

Basically you need to open a listen port at tcp:2947 (and/or a unix port by the same name that osso-gpsd uses) and emulate the responses after a connection and command. There are several commands and variants to get data and I don't know which ones MaemoMapper uses.

Hi,
thanks for your response, I tried different things until now, and got it to work with minigpsd. A really great app! Here the Result:

I can start minigpsd with the command "minigpsd" from the terminal. But only as user, not as root - then I get the message "DON`t run as Root!"

But unfortunately I want minigpsd to be started out of another script, that needs root-rights. I now tried "sudo -u user minigpsd" but then just nothing happens. It seems "sudo -u" doesn`t work on the N810. "sudo -u user whoami" for example doesn`t work, too, like every other command also.

So is there a possibility to get minigpsd started as root?

Last edited by riderman; 2008-12-05 at 21:02.

if the script runs as root, you can use su:

su user -c minigpsd

The Following User Says Thank You to francoisg For This Useful Post:
Great! Big THX!