Hello forum!

I'm not sure if anyone of the decision makers is listening here [1] - but on the other hand, I don't know any other place to express wishes for the (hopefully upcoming) next version of GVM.

My whishes:

1. Full support of PalmOS BT connectivity, including sending of single items from within PalmOS apps

2. Full functional sound alarm.

Some more addenda?

Regards

Carsten

[1] To enforce this, I included the URL to this thread in my last "Compatibility Survey" message to Access.

Last edited by ZehHa; 2009-05-13 at 15:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZehHa For This Useful Post:
Carsten, I agree with your list. Plus some of mine:

1. Full functional sound system. This is probably the same as your wish number 2 above. I find that some music/sounds (especially MIDI sounds) in certain games blows the sound system and it has to be reset.

2. Increase max Dynamic Heap Size configuration parameter from 4 MBytes to 8 MBytes.

3. Have a Landscape fullscreen (one that truly fills the screen like the existing Portrait fullscreen,...a good example is the Zodiac landscape mode).

I'm sure there's more. I'll list here when I think of them.

Functional battery status display. Shows 100% all the time, even if the battery is nearly empty.

Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post

2. Increase max Dynamic Heap Size configuration parameter from 4 MBytes to 8 MBytes.
Changing the heap size is configurable from the gvm command line. I changed it to 8 MBytes so that I could play SNES games in Little John Emulator. See my posts on this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28435

The command i used was:
Code:
gvm -a LJPM --dynheap=8192 -i Arz1 -O no -c palm -T -s 320x480 -b 16 --refresh=2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Changing the heap size is configurable from the gvm command line. I changed it to 8 MBytes so that I could play SNES games in Little John Emulator. See my posts on this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28435
I had changed the heap size before via command line with no results....can't remember what game I was testing, and thought it didn't work. Thanks for the useful info on getting it to work. Now I definitely want the max parameter for heap size changed in the main GVM menu!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
My first request: Support. Please keep releasing Garnet VM betas. Keep fixing bugs. Just don't let it die.

Having said that,
- Dead key support in spanish hardware keyboard.
(I just can't stand Graffiti 1 having been using G2 for nearly 5 years -- even my older m130 can be upgraded to G2).

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I just can't stand Graffiti 1 having been using G2 for nearly 5 years
TealScript works fine on gvm. You get G1 as well as G2 strokes plus invidual tuning to adapt your palm/virtual palm to your writing habits (instead of vice versa).

Tags
garnet, palm