Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by 48GX View Post
hello,

I never look posts at n9/n950 forums, a shame.

it is very interesting what has done that guy from russia but as I see the 32gb is from an n97 and he says that his n9 is slower.

Do you think it is possible to upgrade our eMMC?

regards
N97?... I'm kinda thinking now that it should also work on the N950 then...

hello!

is as easy as a swap doing that change?

I'm talking only in hardware way.

thanks!

hello,

no news?

if that guy was capable ( supposed ) to swap a 32 eMMC from a N97 to a N9 and as I found n97 and N900 have the same eMMC it would be possible to swap a 64gb eMMC to an N900...

where can i find eMMC chips?

regards.

Last edited by 48GX; 2012-09-13 at 13:01.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Today I went to a cell phone repair centre asking if they can change the emmc. They have no problem changing the chip, but no one can disassemble N950, they never see it and afraid of breaking the device...

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Sure, they can change chip, but are unable to unscrew 4 torx'es, and few more PH's. Yea. I belive them, and I would give them my device for messing with, without second though.

C'mon, it's becoming ridicolous.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sure, they can change chip, but are unable to unscrew 4 torx'es, and few more PH's. Yea. I belive them, and I would give them my device for messing with, without second though.

C'mon, it's becoming ridicolous.
I truly believe they would mess up my device. They usually do the emmc swap for some basic android phone, some htc/samsung or even Chinese made Shenzhen based "phones" (you know what I'm talking about), these devices have no more than a screen, a battery and the main board, and full of cheap plastics. The 4 screws on the back of N950 was (supposed?) for the battery. For a full disassemble, you need to remove the 7 cross screws at the back of screen while slider is open, and then the screen, slider and keyboard.

I do believe it's out of their ability. I will find someone familiar with the Nokia E7 to do this, shouldn't be too much difference.

I hope this does not sound rediculous to you...

Don't worry, I know what You mean - I've disassembled N950 (completely) myself. Furthermore, I've assembled it back, and it's working! ;-)

What I mean't, is that I'm quite sure, that they would either destroy Your device while trying to change eMMC, or refuse to try, even when given disassembled unit. I refuse to believe, that someone so amateur to the point of inability to disassemble (quite easy) N950, could properly identify chip needed for successful swap, and perform it flawlessly, on so "custom" device.

As You've said, they have experience with generic phones, and probably, only with them.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
You say they were swapping chips between the N97 and N9/50?

If true, that automatically means that the N900, N9 and N950 share similiar eMMC chips. We should then proceed to mass-order the chip used in the 64GB N9, and make the N900 the king of mobile storage once again, then proceed to augmenting our N9/50s.

But N900 is king of mobile storage capacity f just put 64 GB microSD card inside remember, N9/50 doesn't have microSD slot.

Anyway, I got Your point - just teasing.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
But N900 is king of mobile storage capacity f just put 64 GB microSD card inside remember, N9/50 doesn't have microSD slot.

Anyway, I got Your point - just teasing.

/Estel
That's the sadest thing on my N950 unfortunately. But I will keep trying though...

Tags
chips, memory, soldering