Notices

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Merseyside
rob1n this is what i get

/opt/dropn900/dropn900.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/dropn900/dropn900.py", line 6, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtCore import QObject, QEvent
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v7.0 to v7.1 but the PyQt4.QtCore module requires API v8.0

Any ideas?

Don't you see an PyQt update available in App Manager ? There was a buggy version available for a short while some time ago, that gave that symptom. If not, just uninstall/reinstall PyQt.

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Sorted fpp. Thank you!

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Just posted a review about your app on the site.

I am obviously not having much luck tonight! Anyway I can't actually get my n900 to sync with dropbox and take the pictures from my device to my dropbox account.

Do I have to do each photo individually?

Did you define the specific Dropbox subfolder you want to sync in the Settings ?

You need to do that first, *then* select that folder in the main view, *then* use the Sync button.

DropN900 doesn't blindly sync your 2GB+ Dropbox account to the N900, which is wise enough for a mobile device IMHO :-)

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Just posted a review about your app on the site.
Thanks man! I think I'll soon have most reviews on the site and good ones

Originally Posted by misty View Post
I am obviously not having much luck tonight! Anyway I can't actually get my n900 to sync with dropbox and take the pictures from my device to my dropbox account.

Do I have to do each photo individually?
Yeah so the pyqt thing was already explained. What seems to be the problem with the syncing? Normal DL/UL and browsing work? What does the sync say then. Remember that the sync is using the MyDocs partition so you cant have it hooked up to a PC in mass storage mode or PC suite mode, or it might block access to the store path. Give me spesifics whats happening so we can help. Traces and error logs are always helful.

As said above and in the settings UI. Travel to the path in the main view where you would like to sync. Then open settings UI from the top menu. Go to sync settings at the bottom, select your path, save settings are open main menu and hit sync. Confirm dialog should come up in few seconds and then just accept it to start DL/ULs.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-09-29 at 20:25.

In the mainview the only file path i have is dropbox - photos - sample album. I cant go any higher up the file tree at all.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by misty View Post
In the mainview the only file path i have is dropbox - photos - sample album. I cant go any higher up the file tree at all.
Well then you have quite an empty dropbox account. So if you don't have any content in there its hard to sync anything to your device. Maybe you should install the client to your PC, this should at least create you a Public folder when it inits first time. You can also create a new folder to the root and sync that.

If you have stuff in lets say "Photos", just go to settings and select photos as the sync path and start the sync. If you want to upload from your device youll have to move some stuff after the first sync into /home/user/MyDocs/DropN900/Photos. If you want stuff from your PC into your N900, install the PC client and drop stuff into the Photos and then sync on your device.

right I think I get it now. Have moved everything from my camera folder on my n900 into the dropbox photo folder. Changed the settings. but it seems not to upload anything from my n900 apart from the files i manually uploaded when i first got it to work.

Its getting a bit late now so I will have a look tomorrow.

thanks for your help.