Any chance of compiling those new drivers against our old kernel without HFP me old son?

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
There's no restrictions on the SGX drivers (not even 'don't use outside nokia devices' or 'no commercial usage'), but you would have to use Debian armhf to use them as they're in hardfp ABI. If I was you I would use the new drivers, the kernel drivers are open and we support vsync. Userland is naturally closed, but redistributable.

BTW, Nemo is the project that contains the SGX drivers and handset UI, not Mer, Mer is a 100% open source core. Nemo builds on top of Mer.

Just out of morbid curiousity, why not base on Mer - what's the problem there that you see? (I'm not going to try to convince you either way). And I don't want to hear 'It's not Debian', give me some reasonable arguments - I've done the exact same path you guys are going down at, back in old Mer and Deblet, so I know what I'm talking about

I'm doing a talk next week at FOSDEM where one of my main points is that even the most open mobile project has the same kind of basic system work burden as a commercial project does. And you're going to have exactly the same kind of burden as we do in Mer, except we already took it upon us and have finished most key elements.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Any chance of compiling those new drivers against our old kernel without HFP me old son?
The old kernels does not have the needed OMAP DSS interfaces in order to facilitate vsync in the way drivers does them.

I've tried.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
The old kernels does not have the needed OMAP DSS interfaces in order to facilitate vsync in the way drivers does them.

I've tried.
Interface & drivers can be backported to kernel-power like DSP driver from harmattan kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@Stskeeps:
Can you compile and publish binaries of user space part of SGX drivers for armel (not armhf) in scratchbox for maemo 5?

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: