Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Smart phones ? do they actually exist???? it's the users that make them smart certainly not the manufacturers.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Smart phones ? do they actually exist???? it's the users that make them smart certainly not the manufacturers.
Oh god, I though/hoped you were dead.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I guess the article is yearning for another revolutionary device or quantum leap. What will the post-iphone revolution be? Which features will make it stand out of the crowd?

Sorry to rain on the N9/N900 parade, but these are not revolutionary phones, they are geek phones, that only <1% of the masses care about. They do provide a fresh new experience, but fall into the iphonish feel subset. And masses care about how smart and smooth the phone is. By smart, I dont mean a phone that you can mod, that is NOT smart. Smart is the phone that anticipates what you need and provides it to you without having to write scripts, and waste hours on the X-terminal. This is what smart is to >99% of people.

So what will be the next revolution? Given the money situation, and creativity of Apple, I suspect that Apple will be there first.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
There are no more smratphones Just shiny toys with big nubers on the spec sheet.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Oh god, I though/hoped you were dead.
You need to go back to school learn how to spell

PS you know what thought did ? dashed all your hopes

Last edited by abill_uk; 2012-05-21 at 16:09.

Lumiaman, meet abill_uk. abill_uk, meet Lumiaman.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I predict the extinction of the smartphone itself. I noticed that about 85% of my daily communication with family and friends is by texting. No one seems to want to talk on the phone anymore. And when they do want to actually hear my voice, they also want to see my face (via Skype). The ipad will take over the iphone and our tablets will take over our smartphones. City-wide WiFi is the future.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2012-05-21 at 16:54.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
why do i feel that Apple will evolve the iPhone like it does to Mac OSX whereby incremental features and updates are issued annually. nothing revolutionary just a simple evolution updated annually. android is becoming more like Symbian, just look at the processing power it requires every year that new updates require. the code will just carry on becoming more bloated.

My gut feeling is that if Nokia and RIM make it through the next one year or so we might get something revolutionary. RIM is focussing on Qt with BB10 and I wont rule out Peter Skillman and Marco bringing something exciting to the table at Nokia.

Lumiaman, the N9's industrial design has made it stand out from the crowd and the brilliant UX has got it rave reviews. Look at swiping being added on in Android, BB10 having close resemblance to Meego/Harmattan and you'll see the revolution it has brought about. The N9 is the first phone in the past two years that expressly did away with the standard black or white slabs. SGSIII promoting blue, Galaxy Nexus having curved screen, HTC One X using a polycarbonate body are all signs of how N9 has raised the bar in terms of industrial design.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Lumiaman, meet abill_uk. abill_uk, meet Lumiaman.
Who ... what ..... hows you gerby , nice to see you around still

PS where that god damm shadow of yours these days????? ysss you know who i mean

bout time this place woke up again .

Last edited by abill_uk; 2012-05-21 at 16:20.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Who ... what ..... hows you gerby , nice to see you around still

Gerb is Lumia man now

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: