Active Topics

Kangal, is that firm data? Do you know the release date?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I like the "wireless charging" feature. I have the solar powered Seiko watch that uses a super cap instead of a rechargable battery.

btw, is there a hot swappable battery in SGS3?
And, is there in any phone really yet? That would be very useful.
N900 has that kind of hack, but it is rather useless, without hardware mods which would increase the internal capacitor.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
So, TC, you want an Android Nokia device?

eeeekkkk!!!

Originally Posted by LavaCroft View Post
Too bad that no matter how awesome its hardware is, it's still running a really, really awful operating system.
This

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Kangal, is that firm data? Do you know the release date?
Its not but it would be stellar if it was.

-Imagine a NOTE that slips easily out of your pocket and into your hands for a quick annotation with the S Pen.
-Then a friend arrives and comments on it....that's when you prop it up on a bench and show off with it dancing.
-Then another friend arrives and its a crowd. You load up a funny youtube video with the kickstand in landscape....and since the kickstand doubles as the antenna, you don't struggle in low signal areas.

I think the NOTE 2 is going to arrive between early September - late November. The carriers will likely delay it by another 3 months, but that's what Americans deserve for creating a phone contract monopoly system.

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-06-05 at 11:59.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Glad to see another device being talked about on here and one thats a lot lot better than the N9 i might add.

I very like the note and like others cant wait for the new version, even the first one knocks spots off anything Nokia is churning out right now haha.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Glad to see another device being talked about on here and one thats a lot lot better than the N9 i might add.

I very like the note and like others cant wait for the new version, even the first one knocks spots off anything Nokia is churning out right now haha.
Strange? It's newer aswell. Still clueless troll

Better for you maybe but not for everyone.

Keep it coming.

Way to go Samsung!

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news-...latinum-member
We are pleased to announce that Samsung is joining The Linux Foundation at the Platinum level. This is the highest level of support at The Linux Foundation and represents Samsung’s commitment to and understanding of the value of Linux and collaborative development.

* Samsung is collaborating with Intel and others to build mobile devices and more using Tizen and other Linux-based software.

The world’s largest device maker is investing so much in Linux because it understands the power of collaborative development and its role in today’s technology market. Market winners are being defined by their ability to collaborate. Period.

Last edited by zimon; 2012-06-06 at 12:39.

Yep, another strategic step that makes sense. It takes an investment of 500,000 USD to become platinum member and gets you a seat at the foundation's board of directors and thus more insight and influence in anything Linux including Tizen.

If Android ever goes sour once Googorola make their own devices Samsung still has an alternative.

Yet another thing Nokia is missing out on while contemplating *their* windows phone strategy.

The other day I saw two people buying iPhones and I was thinking, damn, this brand loyality is freaking me out: they could have just as easily gotten the GS3 which compared to the iPhone was:
  • newer (one week vs 8 months)
  • faster
  • slimmer
  • lighter
  • had bigger screen (>300ppi)
  • more battery life
  • replaceable battery
  • more memory (SD card slot)
  • NFC
  • oh, and no glass back cover that can break (GS3 back cover can be bent 180 degrees without breaking)
Yet, they only had eyes for the iPhones.

These are the realities, certain people (with disposable income) don't want to bother about finding out about current technology and instead opt for being spoon fed. Apple has skillfully caged in that target demographic. The problem with WP is that is has a very similar target demographic, but with an inferior product. Samsung on the other hand utilizes the versatility of Android, refrains from locking it down and creates a barrage of products aiming at many different demographics from prince to pauper, techie to non-techie.

With Maemo/Meego Nokia could have done this too, probably even better, but alas, their management were too closed-minded.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nephridium For This Useful Post:

Tags
ms blows, tizen rules