Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
wait, i installed it and made the mod but when i turn the phone nothing happens... i need to press ctrl+shift+r to make it work

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Works pretty well for me.... waiting for conversations portrait mode now...

The Following User Says Thank You to navsin For This Useful Post:
works ok but still need to activate ctrl shift r first.

btw, a bit off topicl but is there a way to view a meeting request's date and time before accepting or rejecting it? kinda stupid to show a meeting request and i cannot decide whether to accept it or not because i dont know if it will clash with another meeting in my calendar. doesn't modest have this information?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The whole point of this package is to stop using ctrl+shift+r since I think it's not the easiest shortcut to press when using the phone with one hand.
Try rebooting your device, hildon-desktop can be an *** sometimes (happens with all apps using the SUPPORT flag for portrait mode (e.g facebrick))

yeah, after rebooting, it is ok.

btw, do you know where modest stores emails? i'm trying to figure out if i can solve the problem above by having a look at e-mail bodies inside my mail for exchange local cache.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
MohammadAG, thank you for making my phone better and more usable everyday.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
ETA on this making it's way into extra-devel?

~Jeff

heh... yet another build of modest with few existing patches + WIP one. Concentrate on Modest 3.4 branch instead, apply those 2 patches + your one and will get nicer ver.

current modest in portrait is hard to use as next/prev mail buttons are not on screen.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
current version is great for me, a little buggy but no worse that the rest of my phone! i always reboot after installing something so never noticed it not working till rebooting

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Hrw View Post
heh... yet another build of modest with few existing patches + WIP one. Concentrate on Modest 3.4 branch instead, apply those 2 patches + your one and will get nicer ver.

current modest in portrait is hard to use as next/prev mail buttons are not on screen.
This is based on the 3-4 branch