Active Topics

Motherboard is of true N900 (with possibility of being after-repair one), other parts are chinese replacement (including LCD?).

All N900's (except early dev devices) were made in Korea. "Made in finland" is mistake found on replacement bodies, both high and low quality ones. "Dexigned" is funny mistake (of screen's backplate) and indicate chinese replacement part for sure, but nothing worrying.

What I would be concerned of, is fact that LCD/digitizer may be of lower quality than original one (MyPaint is good program to check digitizer's response).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Never had problems with N900s from China. If they can run Maemo 5, they are good to go and work as well as the one I bought in USA made in korea. The ones I bought from China look like new. Love them and keyboard is the same as KOrean ones. So whatever they did to retrofit, they did a great job.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
i have 3 n900
two were made in korea
and one made in finland

the finland one can overclock to 1150 but the korean ones only to 950\
what do you think ?

The Following User Says Thank You to davdav For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davdav View Post
the finland one can overclock to 1150 but the korean ones only to 950\
what do you think ?
I think that it's complete absurd - you can overclock every device to max, given enough high voltage is specified in config file. not to mention, that decoration, written in replacement part of body, doesn't seems to affect overclocking much

Still, over-clocking to anything above 900 mhz is stupid thing to do, as it doesn't give any real benefit* (pure numerology), and stress device a *much*. Also, freemangordon's SmartReflex works reliably for up to 900 mhz (kernel-power only), which means battery savings.

/Estel

*MyPaint may be exception here - famous N900 painter, CreativeTone, claims that MyPaint draw line is responding faster on 1150 mhz. Honestly, on my device it acts exactly as quickly (real time) on 900 mhz... so, it may depends on other things, like settings related to swap, thumb2 + updated compiler, etc.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
"Made in finland" is mistake found on replacement bodies, both high and low quality ones.
I have a confirmation from Nokia USA Complaints and Escalations Department that batch-produced Nokia N900 that were produced in Finland exists.
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Hard...2152347#M32214

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
All N900's (except early dev devices) were made in Korea. "Made in finland" is mistake found on replacement bodies, both high and low quality ones.
I'm sorry for bumping old tread.
I have received a confirmation from Nokia USA Complaints and Escalations Department: batch-produced Nokia N900 made in Finland are real.