Notices

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
You missed period "." at the end of cp command:
cp MyDocs/smsimporter MyDocs/sms.csv .
I am still getting the "no such file or directory" message when I enter the chmod command, even though I did enter the period of the cd line before.

I just dragged the csv of the texts into the mail N900 directory. Does it need to go somewhere else? I could not see the MyDocs location when I connectd via USB.

What are we doing wrong?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dortmund, Germany
You have to disconnect the from USB

I has disconnected from the USB but am still getting the error. I renamed the .csv file with all my texts to "sms.csv".

So now I have 3 files:
smsimporter (unzipped)
sms.csv (that came with smsimporter)
sms.csv (renamed personal text csv)

All in the main folder you see when connecting the N900 i.e. above .documents, .sounds etc.

Is this correct?

There is no sms.csv shipped with the importer
Now open terminal, "cd" to the directory with the files and execute these commands
FIrst: chmod +x smsimporter
Second: run-standalone.sh ./smsimporter sms.csv

strange. I have 2 sms.csv files. I will delete the one that I didnt create.

Noob questions:
Is the root directory when you plug in the N900 via USB the same as the MyDocs folder? Thats where I ahve the sms.csv file and smsimporter

I navigate to MyDocs successfully but when I enter chmod +x smsimporter it is still telling me in Xterm "no such file or directory"

Are you shure the file is there? Look for it with "ls" or "dir"

Originally Posted by NuMetal View Post
Are you shure the file is there? Look for it with "ls" or "dir"
Thats so strange. I see it in file manager app and when I connect the N900 to a PC via USB in the top Nokia N900/ folder.
I unzipped smsimporter on my PC then dragged it directly to main N900 folder.

How do I move the files from the default/ main N900 dir (the one when you just click on the N900 in windows explorer when connected via USB) to MyDocs?

Last edited by Strive_Masiwa; 2009-12-17 at 18:25.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki Finland
Originally Posted by zb88 View Post
how did u get it work???!! I'm seriously stuck with this sengmentation fault error... arrr can u explain how u got ur sms messages from ur old phone? I export them from Nokia PC Suite to a .csv file then copy paste my sent messages which are just 20 to the received messages .csv file and save them still I get this damn error! I'm using Windows Vista..

thanks in advance, if u'd help me out with this problem... I really need my old messages into n900
Hi zb88,

After saving old messages to csv, open that file to a text editor in PC and check that the separator between fields is semicolon (";") and not a comma.

smsimporter (or pc suite csv save) doesn't do 100% job, I found a set of messages from one sender, they got assembled to a conversation in n900, looked fine in main view, but content was empty..

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki Finland
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
Thats so strange. I see it in file manager app and when I connect the N900 to a PC via USB in the top Nokia N900/ folder.
I unzipped smsimporter on my PC then dragged it directly to main N900 folder.

How do I move the files from the default/ main N900 dir (the one when you just click on the N900 in windows explorer when connected via USB) to MyDocs?
You can move the files with X_terminal app.
the command is:
mv <filename> <path/filename>
example: move file xyz.csv from current dir (/home/user) to MyDocs, that is under user:
mv xyz.csv MyDocs (keep the same filename)
mv xyz.csv MyDocs/xyz.csv (does the same)
mv xyz.csv MyDocs/abc.csv (rename file while move)

On my Vista, the "main" folder I see from N900 is MyDocs/.documents (dot in dirname makes it hidden)

The Following User Says Thank You to oneFinn For This Useful Post:
so i wanna no how to merge both inbox.csv and sent.scv thx