Active Topics

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
If I remember correctly, you can use geasemonkey and adblock with N900's browser. So is there any hope for N9's browser to do the same?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
If I remember correctly, you can use geasemonkey and adblock with N900's browser. So is there any hope for N9's browser to do the same?
n900 browser is firefox. n9 browser is some webkit crap...dont get your hopes up

Just use the Firefox on N9.

Only thing I don't like about firefox is three fonts are to small. Any way of changing that?

What's wrong with webkit? I have firefox installed and I only use it when I need to download files as it's quite slow for my usage.

I would kill for Dolphin HD. Tabbed browsing, like it does, is hot sauce. It's the single biggest feature I'm missing.

The Following User Says Thank You to bmstrong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
What's wrong with webkit? I have firefox installed and I only use it when I need to download files as it's quite slow for my usage.
microB is uncompareably better even thou its "outdated"

The Following User Says Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Can't really complain about N9's browser since I find it fast and easy to use for everyday web browsing, it just lack in feature and sometimes this is quite annoying.
- file browser missing
- history browser missing
- embedded html5 videos not showing, or load forever
- no support for external apps, i.e entering irc address will open Communi or irssi. my bad, this is up to developers whether to support this in their applications.
- removing history entries, remove also cookies

Perhaps a different browser is needed but till now I haven't find any, which is as fast as this web browser. So maybe not as hackable as N900's browser, I just wonder if its problem can be fixed by maemo community.

Last edited by Kozzi; 2012-02-07 at 20:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
when will flash plugin comes to N9 browser??, thats basic features for modern smartphone this day,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
If you want a fast browser, you might want to help Romaxa to build a good UI for IPC embedded Gecko.