Active Topics

When I receive a call to my N900, sometimes I accidentally press the screen while taking it out of my pocket and either accept or refuse a call.

I think we could bypass this if the answering window was like the unlock screen (move the finger from left to right to answer and move the finger from right to left to refuse). Or any other simple way..

Yes, there is currently a bug open for this in buzilla. I also would like a swipe to unlock, however it appears the developers have dismissed this and are looking at some (half baked imo) proximity sensor solution.

Edit: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5982

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-01-31 at 20:45.

Well, as long as it works...! No problem there. However, swiping looks pretty simple to implement. Swipe to right to answer, swipe to left to refuse.

Originally Posted by magro View Post
Well, as long as it works...! No problem there. However, swiping looks pretty simple to implement. Swipe to right to answer, swipe to left to refuse.
Yes, you would think. Even easier, better positioning and separation of the answer/reject buttons would help a great deal in this regard. But unfortunately Nokia will not contemplate any change to the UI, it's "out of the question.." However, if it's fixed then that's the main thing.

With the amount of bugs/etc that will not be fixed until maemo 6, perhaps we should be thankful someone is working on it at all

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-01-31 at 20:53.

i generally don't have the problem u r talking about, i have a habit of taking my phone from the shell not touching the screen. but i do have a case of the screen locking itself again while trying to answer the call after i take it out of my pocket.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
There is already a Talk Thread about this annoying Bug in the user interface. Please Talk here: LINK

If you want to help and change it, please post your prorosals for solutions here or vote for your prefered Idea: LINK
(you need a seperate account)