Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
How about rising a proposal at the dude who wrote headphone daemon? It watches headphone stuff, maybe it could up volume when plugged, as it stops stuff when unplugged.
Could do this. But it probably needs to be configurable. Which also means that it probably needs a UI (maybe in the settings) for headphoned. let's see if I find some time this week

(The reason for the behaviour described is that the N900 keeps two different volume levels for unplugged and plugged headphones - which is nice; one could have zero volume for the speakers and a normal level for the headphones, and achieve something similar to what headphoned does, without the pausing..)

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Yes, but it resets it.

At some point it saved it, plugging headphones, upping volume, unplug-then-replug kept the full volume. it no longer does for some reason. Should be a bug.

I think it's the same bug with the phone, it kept a separate volume as well (remember the phone is always low volume bug).

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Is there a way to boost the volume for the stereo speakers? I want it just a bit louder but couldn't find anything in this mixer that upped it more than max.

Great thanks a lot.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
anyone else tried this?

I have no file in /var/lib/alsa/ to backup?!

e: after changing and saving settings the file is there?

anyone managed to increase earphone speaker volume?

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-05-19 at 12:57.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I hope everyone in this thread is aware of "volumecontroldaemon".

It boosts the N900 volume by 12% in all cases: calls, music and speakers. It does this by removing the 12% volume nerf by Nokia.

You need to have extras-devel enabled to find it and install. I've had it a couple of months now (with and without CSSU) and it works fine. Gives that extra boost we've been waiting for.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I hope everyone in this thread is aware of "volumecontroldaemon".

It boosts the N900 volume by 12% in all cases: calls, music and speakers. It does this by removing the 12% volume nerf by Nokia.

You need to have extras-devel enabled to find it and install. I've had it a couple of months now (with and without CSSU) and it works fine. Gives that extra boost we've been waiting for.

After you install it, where is it at and how do you use it?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
After you install it, where is it at and how do you use it?
I experienced that the volume just automatically increased!? No need to set or ajust anything (besides lowering my headphone volume output the normal way! Damn it's loud now )

The Following User Says Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
It is a daemon, meaning that it is on all the time automatically, monitoring for your N900 to drop the volume by 12% to pump it back up 12% again.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Wow guys, you really need to try out the AudioBooster package by SavageD. Thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70573

Basically, it alters the equalizers for the different output (headphones, earpiece, speakers) and increases the loudness. And it adds higher volume for the earpiece. Haven't had any complains at all since using this patch!