So no response from turing so far, looks like I'm stuck with a non-working unit.

Some other notes:

With wifi and bluetooth off (and phone of course due to issue above).. the handset dropped 24% battery overnight (9 hours). Looking at lighthouse the cpu is idle.
Can't install google play - tried 4 different methods
No Microsoft Exchange support

The device is very nice in terms of build (other than the fault), it has some really awesome ambiences, but the software is definitely unfinished compared with my Jolla C.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
So no response from turing so far, looks like I'm stuck with a non-working unit.

Some other notes:

With wifi and bluetooth off (and phone of course due to issue above).. the handset dropped 24% battery overnight (9 hours). Looking at lighthouse the cpu is idle.
Can't install google play - tried 4 different methods
No Microsoft Exchange support

The device is very nice in terms of build (other than the fault), it has some really awesome ambiences, but the software is definitely unfinished compared with my Jolla C.
Do you planning to keep it even if it's broken ?
If you consider to return it but is ignored we have to set up a scam patrol. Let's know. GL!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

No, I plan to return it. Not sure how that will go as turing isn't responding to anyone else that has had this problem.

In fact their support is non-existent. For any one else planning to buy one, I would suggest looking at other alternatives.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd say that you could ask others here that have had some success with installing Google Play. A lot of the older methods still work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'd say that you could ask others here that have had some success with installing Google Play. A lot of the older methods still work.
Yeah, I've kinda given up, not much point doing anything else with it if the Sim Card doesn't work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
I have google play on my Turing, no problems. What carrier are you using?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
I have google play on my Turing, no problems. What carrier are you using?
I have tried both Optus and Telstra in Australia. Both sim cards show "No sim card inserted" message. I have rebooted the phone after inserting, turned wifi off etc. Sim card is inserted face down (the only way if can possibly fit) Both sim cards work fine in a Jolla C. The optus sim card is brand new. After removing from the phone though it is very very scratched.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
I have tried both Optus and Telstra in Australia. Both sim cards show "No sim card inserted" message. I have rebooted the phone after inserting, turned wifi off etc. Sim card is inserted face down (the only way if can possibly fit) Both sim cards work fine in a Jolla C. The optus sim card is brand new. After removing from the phone though it is very very scratched.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2m7zo1c.jpg
Damn sorry to hear about that. I'm sure they'll get back to you at some point

Or email support@turingphone.com

They've helped me out in the past

Last edited by Dynamite; 2016-11-17 at 02:02.

Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
Damn sorry to hear about that. I'm sure they'll get back to you at some point

Or email support@turingphone.com

They've helped me out in the past
Ok, will try that. Does your Turing drop battery very quickly also? How did you get the play store working?

And.... I am assuming your SIM card is the same shape and size as mine above yeah?

The Following User Says Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Ok, will try that. Does your Turing drop battery very quickly also? How did you get the play store working?

And.... I am assuming your SIM card is the same shape and size as mine above yeah?
Battery life is not that great and yes mine looks the same. I'm w AT&T

I can't remember where I found the instructions but I downloaded the 3 apk files, turned on the developer mode and followed the instructions essentially copying and pasting into the priv file I believe. If I can find the website again I'll post it or ask the Turing phone group just in case I forget. I get busy and side tracked a lot

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone