Active Topics

So basicly my N900 started working slow when i first tried to update the maemo 5 software. Also it doesnt detect my headphones clearly, it has some magic combination , i have to open some kidna program and then add headphone then it will work.

Plus today when i tried to install new maemo 5 , the installer told me to ignore USB disconnections and stuff but that really didnt help . Installation failed and n900 got even slower. Even decline call or accept a call takes for ever because i tap on the screen like 9000 times and 9001st works.
If theres a way to revert to the old Maemo5 (2009 release not 2010)
then please share it or if you know how to fix the usb disconnection problem while installation. ( The n900 restarts but the usb doesnt connect back and that makes the installation fail.)

Thanx.
Rainer.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Time to reflash the firmware

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...ng_the_Flasher

Follow each step exactly as it is written. You do not want to use anything other than latest firmware as it will only cause more problems.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

How much data will i loose with reflash ?

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Drama, Greece
you will loose all your installed programs and the calendar data but you can always do a back up with the buid in application