MediaTek + Oppo + FlymeOS.... roll all that into Jolla I say.

Oppo makes great hardware.
MediaTek makes great internal chips.
FlymeOS makes great design/user experience.
Jolla can make a mobile linux distro.
...together all four companies have enough dough to spend.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
MediaTek + Oppo + FlymeOS.... roll all that into Jolla I say.

Oppo makes great hardware.
MediaTek makes great internal chips.
FlymeOS makes great design/user experience.
Jolla can make a mobile linux distro.
...together all four companies have enough dough to spend.
FLYME os going with Ubuntu so they don't need another Rookieos right now. Oppo would be great since it seems there was some strange decisions with cayanmod so bring in sail would be great.

Also partners could bring 3g to tablet so if they find a smart partner. 3g is a done deal and JPad will have an edge over all budget tablets.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-14 at 08:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Related to Vsenn's:"Modular Smartphone Wants to Offer Ubuntu, SailfishOS" ?
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/12/m...l-ubuntu-touch

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Honestly what's the point of 3G in a tablet?
Tablets are the future of computing sure, but most desktops/laptops/hybrids/tablets don't have that feature.

Besides if you're gonna go that route you might as well add telephony and 4G. And if you're at that cross path you might as well make a smart/superphone.

Its more meaningful for Jolla to break out of this community and more into mainstream like CyanogenMOD, OnePlus, or Oppo.

As long you have something good to offer and the framework for handling distribution and services... there's not much that can go wrong. So it would be better for Jolla to improve the product than add 3G for such a small niche.

I'm flattered

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Honestly what's the point of 3G in a tablet?
Tablets are the future of computing sure, but most desktops/laptops/hybrids/tablets don't have that feature.
But then you can easily connect this to laptop. Surface Pro rocks Just the wrong OS.

Besides if you're gonna go that route you might as well add telephony and 4G. And if you're at that cross path you might as well make a smart/superphone.
Correct but that takes even more effort, But I would love that in all my tablets...but one step at the time. first 3G...

Its more meaningful for Jolla to break out of this community and more into mainstream like CyanogenMOD, OnePlus, or Oppo.

As long you have something good to offer and the framework for handling distribution and services... there's not much that can go wrong. So it would be better for Jolla to improve the product than add 3G for such a small niche.
Why not do both...as long as they don't have partners that decides to follow the main road. I'm sure they look for any partner they can get.

Meanwhile they should do something unexpected and give its customers some cool useful like 3G. or why not an full usb and driver so we can plug in out usb modems

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-14 at 11:45.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
But then you can easily connect this to laptop. Surface Pro rocks Just the wrong OS.
http://images.store.orange.com/b/hua...gle-250417.jpg

Correct but that takes even more effort, But I would love that in all my tablets...but one step at the time. first 3G...

Why not do both...as long as they don't have partners that decides to follow the main road. I'm sure they look for any partner they can get.

Meanwhile they should do something unexpected and give its customers some cool useful like 3G. or why not an full usb and driver so we can plug in out usb modems
You know I was pondering the same thing.
The hardest part about offering 4G/3G/telephony featureset is the fact that you have to go through several layers of hoops in terms of the industry ie to get approval.

Why not do the software part, and leave an internal usb slot open?
Have a "third party" option so that the community users can plug it in and download some files from the repo. Something that the niche of the niche would be interested in.

Sort of like having those emulator consoles which provide everything except the ROMs. I know its like a legal loophole, but it wouldn't require as much time, money, staff if this 3G means was taken, contrast to the approval process.

I rather see a well rounded device shipped on time, rather than something that is rushed and way overdue. You know I've got a point.

I'm flattered

Anyone know what partners? I hope is not DNA & Co but hardware partners.